Old midden hunt in DC

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first time posting so if I look like I don’t know what I’m doing, your 100 percent correct. I don’t even know if I’m posting these pictures correctly, but I’m doing my best. I found an old midden in my neighboring part of DC, and normally I wouldn’t go through all this trouble but this one bottle perplexed me. I did a google search like usual and I get zero results, so I’m turning to you guys because y’all know a lot more about this than I do. I collect fossils, about 99 percent of my collection is dedicated to them so artifacts aren’t my area of expertise. If y’all can help ID this bottle that would be great I do know that most of this stuff spans from 1866 through today, because I’m finding a lot of new trash here too (ew). Anyways, I found some cool stuff and hope y’all can appreciate and help me out a bit. I found 4 complete bottles, a broken ink bottle, a big bottle stopper, some ceramic bottle tops (one with may 28 1901 embossed on it), some fine China, and a pipe. I’ve been finding loads at this place, but today is my best by far. Here’s the spoils:

82FBA9A1-0022-4060-B09A-27B0D953CB79.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The bottle has “novol” embossed on its face, it’s brown, and I know it’s machine made because the seem runs past the lip. That’s about all I know. There’s so much more I want to include but I don’t want to sound like I’m giving a whole speech so any questions or answers I’ll gladly answer to. Anyways, I hope y’all can help me because google definitely hasn’t.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Upvote 11

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet!! Looks like you have a very good spot. Your pics are good, the more you do the better they will get.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!! Congrats!!

OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I have a lot more artifacts from years ago maybe I’ll post those later this week.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you are a teenager with a passion for digging up the past. Glad to see there is a next generation of us. Keep at it :thumbsup: .......and welcome to Artifacts Anonymous

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread