1st day off in 5

cirqueskier

Mar 25, 2005
Colorado
Today was my 1st off in the last 5 and I was able to hunt for about 3 hours today. Unfortunately all clad, but it sure makes a nice sound going into my water bottle. Totals for the day: 7Q, 23D, 3N, and 88P + 1 Canadian P + 1 "X" medallion and 1 ring (undetermined metal). Also a big thanks to everybody welcoming me to the board. Finally in response to "Leon" re: Boy Scout Clasps / VDI, both rang in as P/D on my XLT, B.S.@ 71-73 and W.S.@ 80-82.
Andrew

Attachments

• 2005-04-21.JPG
    2005-04-21.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Good Finds there C ( whatever. I cant even pronounce it much less try to spell it).LOL Also good info for those XLT folks. Thats one thing I wish everyone would do is put the type of detector they use at the bottom of the post. A lot of people miss out on what people are using and like your post could hit on some highlight of how the hunt went. Good pic too. Thanks for putting it up. HH

OP
OP
C

cirqueskier

Mar 25, 2005
Colorado
Haupin,
I was @ a couple of grassy areas outside of a high school cafeteria. The 1st area was only about 30x30 and the 2nd area was about 5X40. I've started talking to the maintenance guys @ this school, and the were pointing my to the areas where the students sit in the grass during lunch. This is the same school and areas where I found all of the clad last Saturday (see previous post).

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Nice digs Skier! I hit the same two clasps a while back and they rang in on the MXT exactly the same way. P/D signals. In fact, alot of my jewelry finds come in at the D/P range. My big hits at the high school have been big penny days too. I think High Schooler's just use pennies as throwing projectiles. Keep doin' what you're doin'! ;D ~CO2

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice 3 hours,hope you can find more time for your hunts,sounds like you have your on your way to some great digs.HH

N

NC Barefoot2

Nice collection going there. School cafeteria would be a great spot. I will try that one myself. I do remember back when we had a line outside the building waiting to get in to spend our 25 cents for lunch and to get those 3 cent milk specials to go with those wonderful hot dogs and jello for desert. Humm!

NC Barefoot2

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice Haul!!!
Thanks for the info, I've been so busy, I almost forgot about asking...
I'm taking it that the P/D on your machine = Penny/Dime, is that right?
Again Thanks,,,,
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions