$20 2013 series star note

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

Went to the bank ATM to get money for grocery shopping. This was in the withdrawn money.

Not rare according to a star note lookup, but it?s something.

Jared

Upvote 4

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find Jared. :thumbsup:
Still a nice find, but probably not worth holding on to.

"Star notes are used by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to replace misprinted or damaged currency before it goes into circulation. These replacement notes are printed just like normal notes, except there is a star printed in the serial number. Currently these bills, regardless of condition, will only be worth their face value of $20. Star notes in uncirculated condition could sell for a premium in the near future."

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would be "rare" when it came to star notes? Doesn't each note have a unique serial number no matter what? In that respect they're all rare. All unique.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I also resell garage sale items. Went to an ATM and withdrew 300.00 for the day. Got back all brand new 20.00 star notes. all sequenced. Did a check to and not that rare at all. couple of the sellers that I spent at, took notice of them immediately. One wanted to trade me his 20's for the ones I had. Told him which ATM it was and where. Think he may have gone back and got as many as he could.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread