Got silver.

O

Oddfello

Got out again today but for only about an hour or so. Went back up into the woods I was told about recently and on top of a bunch of square nails and iron (digging everything now) I did manage to get a couple of wheats (1940, 1920), and my second piece of silver, a 1951 (no mark) quarter. Felt pretty good about getting my second silver even if somewhat common. I'm also feeling pretty good that every coin I have dug there thus far has either been a wheat, silver, or an indian. Oh well, back out tomorrow.

silver51.jpg.w300h210.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Oddfello

Well ML1000 The spot is in the forest and the ground is extremely soft and loose. The pennies I have found there though have been in very bad shape inspite of having all hardwoods around and no evergreens. Dates have ranged from 1901-1951 thus far so I am hoping for more of the silver. ;D

R

rvbvetter

Nice find!! I'll take common silver any day. And every day, i wish. WTG!! HH

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
wtg oddfello. I have only found 1 silver quarter to date from 1943. How do you like the exxcelerator coils??? Are they worth the money?? I have been debating getting a 5 inch sniper excellerator for my dfx. I also want to get the bigfoot coil. Does anyone have any input on these for the dfx?? Should I invest, or just stick with the standard dfx coil. I must admit the standard coil has given me some great finds to date.

OP
OP
O

Oddfello

luvmydfx- I think the excelerator coils are doing a good job for me. The place I am hunting right now is very trashy and I don't think I could do it with the DFX stock coil. I have been using a DFX for about six weeks. I have been using the 5" exclusively for my current digs and am finding it a great help in not only getting between trash but around the many saplings I encounter. Of course this could be accomplished with similar coils of the same size, I was however impressed with having pulled my first silver quarter, a 1941, from 8" with the 5" excelerator. I have also had success with the 14", however I haven't hunted in an area that I could take full capability of it's depth. I have to add that I have not used any other type of coil to date other than the stock 950 and the excelerators, I am only going off my successes with the excelerators.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on the Silver... ;D
That site sounds like it has some real potential...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice quarter, looks like it was lost not long after it was minted. Should be more there! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread