whites DFX

F

Floater

CTown you should read weebees post and talk to JerDFX and Lonewolf. The DFX is a poular model and from what I see around here it hunts well. good luck. HH dont get rid of that 250 though if you can help it. Nice Machine keep it for a backup or foe a friend to hunt with ya.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
It's worth the upgrade if your a serious hunter. If you hunt alot and want a high performance machine that is reliable. To be honest with you I know white's top 3 models inside and out pretty much. I would shoot for a mxt for the money. Save some money and get a great machine for the price. That is a logical upgrade. It will be worth every 700.00 they cost. My younger brother has got one and has had it since it has came out. I used it to check it's ability and performance and it's really good.

Not putting the dfx down at all. It's white's ultimate model. It has a learning curve with it that takes along time to master. I really like the mxt for the price. The performance you get out of it is great. It goes deep and is really sensitive on small deep stuff. It vdi's accurate and I like it alot.

The xlt is great to. But everyone has got one. Nowadays you want something that isn't around as much. The mxt and dfx haven't been out as long and the chances of hitting a spot that has been hunted hard already and not seen by the dfx or mxt is greater.

I like the dfx the best but would settle for any of the 3 if I was serious about treasure hunting. Not everyone can understand the dfx without talking to alot of people who know it well. Or reading books till you can't read anymore. I got lucky and knew a guy on the net who is a engineer for white's. He explained alot to me with some other 40 year white's vets. I learned a ton but had to be on the web site 3 hrs a day for a year until I got it. They discontinued the web site and it was one of the best places for information. It still sucks to this day because there were some really experienced guys on there who knew something about every detector out there.

You can't got wrong with any of the 3 white's top models. Wish you luck on your choices. See what detector is right for you. Go to your local dealer and check them out. Hope some of this helps you. It's a big decision buying a new unit.

Good Luck Jeremy

Peak190

Apr 23, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212x,Deleon ,Cibola,Tejon,Cortez,MXT,GTI2500
I bought a Tesoro and its awsome. Tesoro comes with a lifetime warrenty and is as good as all the other detectors companys which only come with a 2 year warrenty. After spending $500 + on machine im glad its coverd.

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Don't go with the DFX, go with the Minelab Explorer II, extra bucks are worth it, i guess if u are going relic hunting, get the DFX,
but ANYTHING else get the Minelab Ex II! HH CS

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I have owned and used just about every top end detector made at one time or another.
And my DFX is here to stay. I really like it. Great detector but JerDFX said it takes a while to learn it.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Coin saver don't judge things you have no idea about. Minelab guys love to do it. But every guy down the local club with a minelab don't even come close to the all around stuff my unit finds. The battle has been going on for years. One I care less to spend time on.

Just don't like seeing others put things down when they don't really know. There's alot of good units on the market out there. It's the user and the experience and knowledge of his machine is what makes the ultimate difference. If you want a 8.5 pound piece of plastic you'll buy a minelab exp. See how long your arm last in the Field after about 4 or 5 hrs.

Sorry to get into this. I back my dfx up against any one's unit out there. In 2 years out of 50 guys at a club no one could match me in finds. They hated me. Month after month they couldn't realize how much I had. And some guys hunted more than me. Just look at the 100 pics I put up over 3 years with the dfx and that will answer all questions.

It's your choice. I know what I'm talking about. Hope you find the right unit for yourself. I'm not trying to pitch white's. There good and that's why there top in the industry. I put this time into this today just to try and answer a question for someone who needs help.

Don't really need lines like buy a explorer when the subject was about the dfx. I took my time to help someone. What you wrote wasn't helping the guy at all. No detail to back it up. What time did you take other than to put the dfx unit down and try and spring up minelab overtop of it.

It's guys like you who throw a wrench in things. I know of good web sites that had to be shut down for the same reason. To much brand bashing and to many opinions. I'm here to help guys out of the goodness of all my experiences. 99 % of the people here are very good.

Sorry guys I just couldn't let that one slide. Take care hope that know one feels any different about me because I felt the need to follow this one up. I don't get into this kind of stuff unless it is right in my face.

HH Jer

R

robert_from_pa

Well, let's see... I have a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 100 that I bought at Wal Mart for my kid (who hasn't really taken to the hobby yet) I only use it now because I don't have my Fisher 1266X anymore...

In the last 3 days I have found over $15 clad, 5 rings (2 gold) and 2 silver pieces of jewelry... I paid about $100 for my machine...

No offense to all the White's guys, but all mine does is beep, and I love it!

Attachments

• ffa_pin.jpg
    ffa_pin.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 502

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
Coin_Saver said:
Don't go with the DFX, go with the Minelab Explorer II, extra bucks are worth it, i guess if u are going relic hunting, get the DFX,
but ANYTHING else get the Minelab Ex II! HH CS
Minelabs are for those who can't understand a DFX ;D

TOWcritter

I have an MXT and have been using it for about 5 months now. It was my 1st machine. I chose it because it was relatively easy to understand and the learning curve isn't steep like the DFX. I have seen some of the custom programs for the DFX and they are like 20 steps long! Who needs all that hassle when you just want to swing a half way decent machine. It's a great deal for the money and it's high end machine (in my opinion) to boot. Get yourself an xtra coil or two and I think it would equal any machine out there. Just a newbies opinion mind you, but I also have a nice chest of finds too! Good luck on your decision, I know it's a toughy.

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
JERDFX, My friend owns an DFX and i find alot deeper and alot more than him SO I DO KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
I get signals that he can't even read their so deep, I know u find alot, but u have good places to hunt, I don't, Well i used to, This summer i wil l find so much stuff, when i get a good hunting place, SO don't say i don't know what i'm talkin about! >:( don't judge people before u know them! HH CS

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Once again, it is back to who knows their machine and can adjust it well. As an example, just like you, I had a guy with an explorer that I hunted with a few times. I could follow in his footsteps with my MXT or DFX and still make more finds than him. What does it prove? That I know my machines, nothing more. Grow up.

Rich

E

Enloe Relics

Hello! I have a MXT and a Minelad Elite and they both work great you just have to get to know the machine you hunt with nothing more! the MXT and Elite are two good machines for the money so check them out! HH Harvey!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whatever you say man. I don't have time to deal with it.

HH Jer

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hoops or baseball lol. Trying to break the tension floater. It's cool I'm not mad. I'm just not going to get into it anymore or answer any questions. If someone wants to know something they can pm me.

Take care all HH Jer

F

Floater

Hey, I had to Try. LOL

Everyone I know that has a Whites is Passionate about there detector. You are no different. But thats why i tried to guide him to you.
I think you were a little hard on Coin-saver and remember you cant bash Mine Labs. We are a good Bunch. It seems we all Love our Machines no matter what they are. I say that the conversaton just got a little over passionate and that is about all. All the advice was pretty good otherwise, and thats what counts. You and Coin-Saver should come to terms but thats up to you two. There is too much fun to be had around here for people to be mad. As BigRig Always says. Peace. HH

R

rvbvetter

The deepest thing i ever seen.
Was when i hooked my coil up to my microwave oven.
It will detect to china. But the target comes up a little over done. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread