Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My First Ring!!!!

Hello All,
Today I went to the lake and since we are way behind on our rainfall for the year the water is out farther than normal. I had a big day of detecting planned today. I was gonna get up early and hit the old home site from my last trip and then spend a few hours in a plowed field that was plowed right before hunting season and then end the day by the lake. Well, it was 70 degrees 3 days ago when I planned all this and this morning when I got up it was 33 degrees so I waited around for it to warm up a little(40 was the high) and then headed out about lunch. I decided to go straight to the lake and I'm glad I did because I found my first ring. It's just a little thing and it's silver not gold but it's still my first ring and now that I think about it, it's my first silver find with a detector. :D :D
I know you folks in the north and northwest are probably laughing at me right about now because of my cold day but like I said it was just 70 the other day. I know 40 degrees would be very pleasant weather for you all right now but not for me. I do hope it lets up for you all though.
Anyway, I spent most of my time digging up freakin' pulltabs >:( >:( but I guess that's part of it. I found about 50 cents (all clad I think) which is sitting in a cup of lemon juice at the moment. I'm hoping to go out again tomorrow somewhere.
Sorry for the rambling and happy hunting!
Ed
lowwater.JPG
dirty.JPG
ring.JPG
cleanjunk.JPG

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: My First Ring!!!!

Congrat's on your first ring there PHE....pulltab's unfortunately DO come with the territtory >:( Hey,if you fish that lake get some pic's while it's down,no-brainer for the hawg's come spring.Congrat's and HH!!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

very nice ring ! congrats on your first and goodluck on many more ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on your 1st ring. May this be the first of many to come. Good luck & happy hunting!

;) RR

OP
OP
possumheaded

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello everyone! Thanks for looking at my stuff. I went out yesterday and found some more stuff and will be posting it in the "What is it" sometime today.

Nahabit, it had CHINA 9?5 on the inside and the design on the outside was eyes and floral designs.

Benc2, I think it showed up between the dime and penny mark if I remember correctly.

Nana40, Not the General Lee. I was at the Big Bull. A friend owns it so I had permission. I thought about the General Lee because there's a lot more partying going on down there during the summer(drunks losing stuff) but I haven't spoke to the owner yet so I thought I'd stick with the Big Bull.

Thanks to all for the comments and I hope everyone is having a great day!

Ed

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the ring possum! You will always remember your first. Keep dig'n those tabs! :)

topdog

Dec 2, 2007
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer

Congrats on your first ring find. You got to do those pesty pull tabs to get to the good stuff.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yep the first ring is the best, that second pic looks all to familiar to me. Just take a good look at your ring again and it makes all those pull tabs you dug worth it.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Grats Ed on that wonderful first, hopefully, the first of many!! Good luck to you and happy holidays!

I love your screename by the way!!!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Nice ring Ed! They are always a surprise when they pop up! I finished the year with 70 rings...only 5 were gold & 1 silver...the rest were junque. Be glad your ground isn't covered with all the white stuff that we get up north this time of year...I'd take 40 degrees any day without the snow. Keep digging; I wish you the best of luck this winter...us Yankees will just have to sit by and live through you warm weather folks so be sure to post everything.

OP
OP
possumheaded

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PossumHeadEd said:
Hello everyone! Thanks for looking at my stuff. I went out yesterday and found some more stuff and will be posting it in the "What is it" sometime today.

I never got around to posting my newer finds. I've been doing last minute Christmas stuff but I'm gonna get to it soon.
Thanks again for looking at my finds.
HH
Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions