Different kind of hunt - need help with shotgun shell

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I spent a few hours this afternoon at an old farm site; there are foundations for an old house and barn that disappeared decades ago. I spent five and a half years hauling cut stone from the site (when I was younger), and now that I detect I'm going back to try my luck that way. I spent a lot of time today clearing small trees and brush so I could swing the detector. Didn't find any coins, but did find two relics that I'd like help with. I've seen some of you folks identify shotgun shells by the inscriptions on them. This one says Western Super X No. 12. I assume this means a twelve gauge shell(?). The other item(?); it appears to be brass or copper of some sort. I'm working the area between the house and the barn, and there has to be at least one real old coin around; my goal is to find it!

Attachments

• relics (2).jpg
    relics (2).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 0

greentreasurefish

Dec 1, 2007
Franklin, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hello halfdime, your right about the shotgun shell. The other piece is an ornate door or cabinet faceplate, ( without lock ). Probally from inside door or cabinet. The hole size will determine if it was on door of house or cabinet. hope that helps. Lee :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread