I found these while detecting on the beach today

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldnt help myself but pick up a few aggots that were staring me in the face.
normaly they are hard to find that big but since the sand had washed away on the beach exposing all the rocks they were everywhere so i grabbed some nice ones.
i esspecialy like the one with the diamond stripes in the center.
watcha think.
Oregon has some nice beach aggots.

I FORGOT TO MENSION THE WHALE I FOUND ON THE BEACH TOO.
IT WAS DEAD..AND STUNK REALY BAD.....
SORRY NO PICS OF A GIANT DECAYING CARCUS.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,176
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,179
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,180
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,174
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your as bad as me.... I do this all the time...eyeball rocks and all.....sunset beach in cape may nj is my all time favorite for rock hunting.... I am in rock heaven there.... and bring em home by the bucketfuls too... I got rocks everywheres...lol

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds - all little treasures , metal nuggets aside ;)
The 5 sided diamond stone must be one in a trillion zillion surely ??? It's a Pentagon ;D

Any ideas on how that diamond shape was formed? Which minerals are they? Does the shape appear on the other side of the stone? (I'll do some research)

The two triangular opaquey looking stones remind me of sharks teeth.

You could polish those finds into some nice jewellery.

Mike

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trikikiwi said:
Awesome finds - all little treasures , metal nuggets aside ;)
The 5 sided diamond stone must be one in a trillion zillion surely ??? It's a Pentagon ;D

Any ideas on how that diamond shape was formed? Which minerals are they? Does the shape appear on the other side of the stone? (I'll do some research)

The two triangular opaquey looking stones remind me of sharks teeth.

You could polish those finds into some nice jewellery.

Mike
UM

I KNOW ITS A ROCK.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Beautiful Stones you have there....may have to take a trip to Oregon ;)

I have always had a fascination with PRETTY ROCKS...then I had boys and they collect EVERYTHING (well, what I let them bring in the house anyways....nothing that crawls is ALLOWED!!!  :o)

I started to throw away alot of their rocks until I noticed they had a good eye for some of them..so needless to say, those rocks are still here.  :-\

I have rocks from the top of Mt. Vesuvious (spelling?), stones (atleast I think they are) from around Rome, from Greece, Eygpt, and other places I have been fortunate to visit...but my fav is my rock (that looks like the Prudential Rock ;))...from 13,000 feet up in the Colorado Rockies!!!

Collected some nice stones from the Crator of Diamonds (but no diamonds :()...to the beaches of San Diego, New York, Florida and Virginia Beach....

Oh and we got some rocks from the now extinct volcano in New Mexico (Caputo???)...wow, what a drive to the top....no leeway on the road...straight drop down!

Love that rock you have too with the diamond stripes...that is really pretty!! Thanks for sharing!
Annmarie
PS: Isn't it truly amazing how God and Mother Nature can create something really beautiful out of something we never take time to look at :)

ballbuster

Sep 27, 2006
bootybay said:
Your as bad as me.... I do this all the time...eyeball rocks and all.....sunset beach in cape may nj is my all time favorite for rock hunting.... I am in rock heaven there.... and bring em home by the bucketfuls too... I got rocks everywheres...lol

Did you ever find the famous Cape May Diamonds?

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO BUT I DID...LOL

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 572

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Holy crap, mother natures rock tumbler. Those are awesome finds. I wonder how long it took for them to get polished like that :o

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed-NH said:
Holy crap, mother natures rock tumbler. Those are awesome finds. I wonder how long it took for them to get polished like that :o
BOUT AS LONG AS IT TOOK ME TO LICK THEM ALL SO THEY WERE WET AFTER I WASHED THEM.....LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions