There was ANOTHER day left in January that I could hunt - Updated Jan 08 Picture

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
I posted a picture the other day of the stuff that I had found during the month of January (this year of course). I got back out today to the area where I had found some stuff the other day, just as it was getting dark. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about all the treasures I was going to find today!!!!
So.............here they are. The highlight was the Eagle belt plate. Followed closely by the spur, and then the New York Buttons. I also found a NY cuff button but the shield on the front was broken in and the back was badly damaged, I also found another Coat size NY button but something horrible had happened to it prior to my recovery.
I probably won't get back out before the end of the month so I have updated the picture of all my finds (at least the good ones) for January 2008.
ENJOY!!!!

Attachments

• P1010038a.JPG
    P1010038a.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 639
  • P1010039a.JPG
    P1010039a.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 643
  • P1010072a.JPG
    P1010072a.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 641
  • P1010047a.JPG
    P1010047a.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 640
  • NY Button.JPG
    NY Button.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 616
  • January 2008.JPG
    January 2008.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 638
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Those are some sweet finds, Congrat!
Cograts on getting out again too, I haven't been out but one time this year. Looks like I'm going to set a new record for my worst month ever.
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
dcooper1

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
I am EXTREMELY lucky to have been able to get out as much as I have. My wife is INCREDIBLY understanding and supportive, of course I sometimes have to remind her that there a LOT worse things I could be doing!!!!
These finds are from 3 different areas I have worked this month. Of course, there should be a lot more where these came from.
My brother dug a US belt plate this evening, probably around the same time I was digging my eagle, funny thing was, we were at least 50 miles away from each other. Hopefully he will send me a picture so I can post it for him.

Good luck to all, thanks for the great comments, and last but not least, keep it swinging!!!!!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG!!!! WTG!!! cant wait till u get out again! good luck.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: There was ANOTHER day left in January that I could hunt - Updated Jan 08 Pic

That is one nice set of finds. Love the buttons and bullet. Hope to see more of your posts soon. HH

Rebel Man

Jan 26, 2007
Fredericksburg Va
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a Quicksilver & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: There was ANOTHER day left in January that I could hunt - Updated Jan 08 Pic

Just another day in the woods in Va. Fantastic!!! yep saved from the pits of corrosion!!!! beautiful digs!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An breast plate and a spur in the same day is amazing! Huge congratulations!!

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Damn fine digs! You are on to some nice spots. Congrats!
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread