2-2-08 finds with my new Super 12 Coil. Including 1899 Barber Quarter at 12 in.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snow is finally melting so I waited until about midmorning and took off. I was thinking the snow would be melted off enough to get in some huntimg today. What I didn't realize was where I was going had more snow than I did around my house. Anyway I was wanting to try my new Super 12 coil I bought for my MXT. The spot i was heading for was a place i had previoulsy hunted pretty hard with my Mxt and my 6x10 dd coil. I was wanting to find out how deep this Super 12 would go. My 1st target was around 8 inche's it was a 36 caliber Teardrop. I dug a couple more that were as deep or deeper. About my 5th target I dug was down deeper that my offset handled digging tool was tall, i think it was around 10 to 12 inche's and out popped a 1899 Barber Quarter! Needless to say I was impressed with my new Super 12 coil. The last photo was what it looked like 3 days ago! Luckily it is about melted away now. I hope everyone had a good day hunting. Tim

Attachments

• new_2-2-08 finds 1.jpg
    new_2-2-08 finds 1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 842
  • new_1899 quart.jpg
    new_1899 quart.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 822
  • new_1899 quarter back.jpg
    new_1899 quarter back.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 844
  • new_small pistol bullet.jpg
    new_small pistol bullet.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 824
  • new_snow storm 08.jpg
    new_snow storm 08.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 819
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: 2-2-08 finds with my new Super 12 Coil. Tsgman

Nice haul Tim...nice variety of lead you were able to recover.I was thinking about getting the Super 12 myself,sound's like a pretty good match up for the MXT.Excellent job on the silver as well.Glad you got out....HH!!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the new coil, great bunch of finds, very nice! WTG.
Glenn

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

tsgman said:
The snow is finally melting so I waited until about midmorning and took off. I was thinking the snow would be melted off enough to get in some huntimg today. What I didn't realize was where I was going had more snow than I did around my house. Anyway I was wanting to try my new Super 12 coil I bought for my MXT. The spot i was heading for was a place i had previoulsy hunted pretty hard with my Mxt and my 6x10 dd coil. I was wanting to find out how deep this Super 12 would go. My 1st target was around 8 inche's it was a 36 caliber Teardrop. I dug a couple more that were as deep or deeper. About my 5th target I dug was down deeper that my offset handled digging tool was tall, i think it was around 10 to 12 inche's and out popped a 1899 Barber Quarter! Needless to say I was impressed with my new Super 12 coil. The last photo was what it looked like 3 days ago! Luckily it is about melted away now. I hope everyone had a good day hunting. Tim

I have to say.. the 12" is an outstanding coil!! I picked up a DD1400 last year and thought it was good.. but then broke down and got the 12" too... I secured permission for a camp we hunted hard prior to it being sold and having a couple houses built on it.. and have since dug another 100 or so three ringers out of the same fields we hunted before.. these were hunted by a bunch of people and had pretty much become "quiet".. even the bulk of the iron had been dug.. so I was shocked.. I was pulling sharps and three ringers at 14" maybe a little deeper.. did well on a couple of buttons but they were not anywhere as deep. No plates yet with this coil.. but there is promise of getting them almost too deep!! I took a few pictures with my shovel and digging tool in the hole to show how deep I was digging.. I'll dig them up and post them.. hmmm.... suppose to be almost 60 today... I guess I know what I'll be doing!!!! ;-)

MonkeyBoy

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Looks like you had a great day Tsgman. Bigger coil, bigger finds. WTG!

HH,
Moon

FITZ

Oct 20, 2007
nassay county, long island
Detector(s) used
garrett gti 2500

WOW. thats a beautiful barber you got there!!a great day indeed... maybe today i ll be that lucky.... HH

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tim, Congrats...Im curious if my detector would have gotten a signal on that quarter....Gonna head out to Helens today and try my luck...See you Tuesday night...Steve

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI

Nice going tsgman. I see you found one of those rare 1899 "mustashed barbers." I have yet to find one with the "stash" so well defined.

"may there always be a road"

Les

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Great job on the1899...but I really love the snow picture...its beautiful.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Super finds and love the snow picture too!

Nana :)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Those are nice finds.

Looks like the super 12 is a nice coil. I use the 1400 DD and it has proven to be a good deep coil. I may pick up a super 12 myself. They pay for themselves over time in hunted out areas.

HH Jer

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stevesno said:
Tim, Congrats...Im curious if my detector would have gotten a signal on that quarter....Gonna head out to Helens today and try my luck...See you Tuesday night...Steve

Steve, glad you had a good day at Helen's, see you tomorrow at the club meeting. Tim

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MonkeyBoy said:
tsgman said:

Hey Monkeyboy, are you going to be at the Diggin in Virginia hunt in March?

I have to say.. the 12" is an outstanding coil!! I picked up a DD1400 last year and thought it was good.. but then broke down and got the 12" too... I secured permission for a camp we hunted hard prior to it being sold and having a couple houses built on it.. and have since dug another 100 or so three ringers out of the same fields we hunted before.. these were hunted by a bunch of people and had pretty much become "quiet".. even the bulk of the iron had been dug.. so I was shocked.. I was pulling sharps and three ringers at 14" maybe a little deeper.. did well on a couple of buttons but they were not anywhere as deep. No plates yet with this coil.. but there is promise of getting them almost too deep!! I took a few pictures with my shovel and digging tool in the hole to show how deep I was digging.. I'll dig them up and post them.. hmmm.... suppose to be almost 60 today... I guess I know what I'll be doing!!!! ;-)

MonkeyBoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread