14k Gold Bracelet, 43 War Nic, Several Wheats, Vaccination Tag, 5 Marbles, etc

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Hi everybody, I hope you all had good luck hunting.
I was tied up on Friday and Saturday, so on Supper Bowl Sunday I hit our local spot. The conditions, well it was drizzling on and off all day long, so detecting wasn’t to fun. The only fun I had was pretending to be Les Stroud by building a lean-to so I could take cover when the wind or drizzle got to bad. I detected in sessions, an hour here, and an hour there. I think I have a 1914 wheat, but I can make out the date, I’ll have to do a little come cleaning.

I came out with a 14k Gold bracelet (the last keeper of the day), a 43 War Nickel, several older nickels dating back to 1940, 6 wheat’s, some kind of Vaccination tag, 4 marbles and the other stuff.

Attachments

• AH SB 1.JPG
    AH SB 1.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 770
  • AH SB 12.JPG
    AH SB 12.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 733
  • AH SB 11.JPG
    AH SB 11.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 726
  • AH SB 10.JPG
    AH SB 10.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 736
  • AH SB 9.JPG
    AH SB 9.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,999
  • AH SB 8.JPG
    AH SB 8.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 741
  • AH SB 7.JPG
    AH SB 7.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 740
  • AH SB 6.JPG
    AH SB 6.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 751
  • AH SB 5.JPG
    AH SB 5.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 757
  • AH SB 4.JPG
    AH SB 4.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 758
  • AH SB 3.JPG
    AH SB 3.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 739
  • AH SB 2.JPG
    AH SB 2.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 751
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Re: 14k Gold Bracelet, 43 War Nic, Several Wheats, Vaccination Tag, 4 Marbles, etc

The last 5 photos: Thanks Nick, your fast, I thought I was fast :).

Attachments

• AH SB 16.JPG
    AH SB 16.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 706
  • AH SB 15.JPG
    AH SB 15.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 709
  • AH SB 14.JPG
    AH SB 14.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 719
  • AH SB 13.JPG
    AH SB 13.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 856
  • AH SB 17.JPG
    AH SB 17.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 715

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Re: 14k Gold Bracelet, 43 War Nic, Several Wheats, Vaccination Tag, 4 Marbles, etc

Not bad for bad weather hunting. Hey is that your detectors coil buried in dirt.?, ??? That's detector abuse man :(

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Ant,

It is nice to see you back at it! Thanks for keeping the passion high!

Keep metal detecting!

Kirk :)

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds ant ! the gold bracelet is sweet ;) looks like that coil is in need of a bath also ;D congrats ;D

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Thanks you guys.

I_Dig_NYC said:
Not bad for bad weather hunting. Hey is that your detectors coil buried in dirt.?, ??? That's detector abuse man :(

It's not buried, that sand is stuck to my coil because it was so wet out ;). Before I move to the play area that had sand it had mud on it and flet like it had a 5 lbs dumb bell was attached to it.

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
The Ant man nails gold again! Great finds. Your gold bracelet looks very similar to the one I found just before years end.

I haven't been over there since last I saw you. Figured it was pretty much useless by now, but you proved me wrong. I may have to do a bit of night huntin this week, lol.

Keep 'em coming.

Ray

ROMEX

Apr 8, 2007
Binghamton NY AREA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE,FISHER F-75, Whites DFX, BH TR550-D
Very nice finds,
Dirty and wet coils are better than frozen solid soil , WTG

ROMEX

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really played hard for those finds, Ant! Congrats on all those fantastic finds! What's the tag? That's different! Love the marbles too!

Nana :)

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Wow! Those are sweet finds! Congrats, and hope your next hunt is even better. I love the locket and the marbles.

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Ant...RE.: The cartridge...looks possibly like GI ball issue...Has the primer been hit, as in misfire, or is it live? Not that it poses any real threat with the blunt-ended tools we dig with...just interested.

Used to dig quite a few rounds of .223 GI live ammo at one site in GA.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Ant said:
Thanks you guys.

I_Dig_NYC said:

It's not buried, that sand is stuck to my coil because it was so wet out ;). Before I move to the play area that had sand it had mud on it and flet like it had a 5 lbs dumb bell was attached to it.
Not to mention some Sweet Gold attached....Nice Job Ant....HH!!

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 14k Gold Bracelet, 43 War Nic, Several Wheats, Vaccination Tag, 5 Marbles, e

Congratulations Anthony.Great hunt you have there.
2236077956_f3f235bd8b_o.gif

773994957_56edb7490f_o.gif

2236077956_f3f235bd8b_o.gif

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Cool finds, Ant. Nice variety.

Good shot of your coil, really shows the horrible conditions you worked through.

Cool avatar too!

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Thanks for all the kind congrats everybody, and special thanks to The Bulgarian for that huge Congratulations sign, thanks man.

Ray in CA said:
The Ant man nails gold again! Great finds. Your gold bracelet looks very similar to the one I found just before years end.

I haven't been over there since last I saw you. Figured it was pretty much useless by now, but you proved me wrong. I may have to do a bit of night huntin this week, lol.

Keep 'em coming.

Ray
Thanks Ray.
Yeah, it does look like yours. I think it has been missed because it was near a large iron object, but it beeped loud and clear along side. I tested the larger object in the Iron ID mode first and discerned that it was iron, when I tested the smaller target right next to it my machine screamed, “Dig me I’m not iron”. I guess it must have been in the ground for 20 years or more because the back of the ID plate is scratched up just a much as the face, and the area it was recovered from indacates that. I’ll be on the same schedule this weekend as I was the last, so I’ll be there then.

Nana40 said:
You really played hard for those finds, Ant! Congrats on all those fantastic finds! What's the tag? That's different! Love the marbles too!

Nana :)

Hi Nana and thanks,
I posted it over in the “What is it Forum” http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,138501.0.html, and most think it’s a dog tag, I think it’s a tag that would have been attached to a transport cage, not a collar. That rusted spot looked to be a threaded stud with nut.

BARGuy said:
Ant...RE.: The cartridge...looks possibly like GI ball issue...Has the primer been hit, as in misfire, or is it live? Not that it poses any real threat with the blunt-ended tools we dig with...just interested.

Used to dig quite a few rounds of .223 GI live ammo at one site in GA.

Now days a green tipped round like that is most likely is a:

5.56 x 44 (.223) round,
Number: M202,
Type: Green tip(?), Identification: 58 grain FMJ "tri-metal" penetrator."

It was a live round when it was lost. A magnet sticks to the tip, so it does have a steel core. I have always wondered about what are the odds of hitting a bullet primer at just the right angle and making it go off while retrieving a target. I would bet that there is no documented case of someone doing that, someone told me it happened to them, but I didn’t see it and he wasn’t hurt.

Former US Army, 1974-1977, 11B-10 Infantry, Rifleman.

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Oops! Didn't see the green tip...thought it was corrosion.

Don't think there's much danger of setting them off with our diggers.

Had a guy stop to talk to me at a park a coupla weeks ago...Said his nextdoor neightbor swung a detector for a living...literally...He's reportedly cleaning up a large firing area at Ft. Bragg in preparation for ??? He doesn't dig anything...just pinpoints them. 50 hours a week. :-X

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 14k Gold Bracelet, 43 War Nic, Several Wheats, Vaccination Tag, 5 Marbles, e

that Gold Bracelet is so worn.......the links are so thin......cool find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread