Dug up a Harley Davidson!

whitestar55

Jan 9, 2008
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U Max
I drove for several hours today in Missouri as I have a meeting tomarrow with a client. I was about an hour from my hotel when I crossed over a bridge with a swimming hole below that I have often thought might be a good place to hunt. As luck would have it I had my detector in the car. Didn't find but $1.16 in new coinage. 2 quarters, 4 dimes, 1 nickel, 21 pennies, mostly zinc, (those things should be illegal, as banks won't even take them because they won't go through their sorting maching in the ate up condition you usually find them in). 1 ring, plated with a cute little blue stone, and an H-D medalian.

The cool part was that 20 coins and the ring came from one hole. I was like a kid in a candy store. I just kept flipping coins out. The last thing to come out was the ring. It was in a dirt clod and I broke it open and saw gold. It turned out to be a cheap plated sweetheart ring but it stopped my heart when that clod first broke open, and isn't that why we all do what we do?

Then I found a neat little Harley Davidson emblem. I ride a motorcycle so that was pretty cool. All in all a good couple hours.

Attachments

• river bridge.jpg
    river bridge.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 640
  • river bridge 2.jpg
    river bridge 2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 627
Upvote 0
S

seger98

You're absolutely right about those zinc pennies, I found over 200 today and I might as well have left them there to rot the rest of the way. Nice ring!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whitestar55 said:
it stopped my heart when that clod first broke open, and isn't that why we all do what we do?
Amen!!

Great hunt. Keep digging!

S

seger98

1960texan said:
I found over 200 today and I might as well have left them there to rot the rest of the way.

Roll 'em and donate 'em, you'll feel much better.

Yeah, I'll roll 'em and donate 'em to the Treasury, they need the money!! Just a suggestion here, I think ALL pennies should be made of silver :D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I split my clad find's with my 5 yr. old and HE won't even put the "Zincoln's" in in his little bear bank unless they're perfect....go figure? Nice find's,can you tell what the H-D Medallion came off of?HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread