Bootleggers Cave

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
went out this weekend to a pretty cool spot.its a cave they used to run liquor between kansas and missouri. we didnt get to go inside maybe next time we can get the key.but we did look around the outside and on the hillside behind it .there was alot of trash i guess high school kids have been going up there for years to "hang out", but i did manage to find this 10k 1969 joplin high school ring and this other stuff on the hillside it has the initials M.K.M on the inside maybe i can return it soon. thank you for checking this out HH!!

Attachments

• HPIM1279.JPG
    HPIM1279.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,090
  • HPIM1281.JPG
    HPIM1281.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,090
  • HPIM1283.JPG
    HPIM1283.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,084
  • HPIM1370.JPG
    HPIM1370.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,086
Upvote 0

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a really swet spot. Some nice finds there as well.

Good work.

Ken

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohh take pictures when you get inside the cave..am dying to see it please.... cool on your finds..

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome looking site.....Does the "lookout tower" connect to the cave? Very cool find's and Best of Luck finding the owner,those are alway's some cool storie's in themselve's.Keep us posted and HH!!

S

seger98

wow, that's a really neat spot, good luck when you go back!

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Good find on the Gold ring. Thanks for posting and the site photos.

OP
OP
jsu

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
I`m not sure if the lookout tower connects to the cave it looks like it could come down at any time so i didnt really check it out . it is about fifty yards from the entrance of the cave.they say the cave was clear to walk about 3/4 of a mile and you would come out in kansas, but now it has "caved in" at several spots so you can only go back about 1/8 of a mile.I heard they held "rallies" out there and the owner of the cave found a pair of shackles in the cave.Cant wait to go back with the key and check out some of the stuff they found in there and hopefully make a few discoveries of my own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions