Went back to the old site!!!

H

hard pan

I went out today it was raining off and on so i went to the site and hopped in bottum of the cellarhole . I started moviing some of the stones out and cleared a good area and turn my detector on and set disc at 8 and was digging all the high tones . I got this nice signal it was a big piece of cast iron i checked the hole again got a nice signal i dugg down about 12inches and pulled out this old half dollar dated 1836 i think its a bust half ???

Attachments

• bust front.JPG
    bust front.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 640
  • bust back.JPG
    bust back.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 636
Upvote 0
B

Broncox Vernon BC

Awesome coins Free!!!!!!!!!

As for Robert_from_ Austin.............see ya later JACK...!!!!!!!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Coin Hard pan

? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? Jeff

R

rusty nails

nice coin - i hunted an old canal lock area this weekend - some fisherman in the area told me they see guys md'ing there all the time - this one guys has his wife dig the holes - regardless i found some pennies (no wheats) and allot of strohs beer can lids - i believe u found this coin - where u said - a guy up the street from me found a mercury dime that looked mint - so ..............
Lefty

OP
OP
H

hard pan

I like posting my finds here its a great forum!! I know I'm new here and ?i understand some people might think my finds ?are not real!! I put a lot work and time to find theses items because i enjoy the hobby meeting new people sharing my pics ! I donate some of ?my finds to local historical society's in some towns because ?people need to see these items!!!! ;D

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robert said:

"Coin doesn't look dug to me...? Honestly I'm having a hard time believing all this. Give us some details on yourself, how long you've been hunting, etc...? look forward to it."

I believe Robert stepped over the line when he asked the poster to provide personal details about himself and his experience...as if this matters or would make a difference?

It's one thing to express an opinion, it's another to attempt to get ammo for a personal attack within that opinion.

And that's MY opinion, as opinionated as it may be.

Opinionatedly,? ?;D
JG

R

robzombie852

we are done on the subject. nice coin hardpan.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard Pan,
I have seen 3 1800s' half dollars dug this past year and would have a hard time believing they where dug if I did not see it for my own eyes. Large silver can weather well. It helps being deep at 12 " and if not in a plowed filed that would help. If not in a plowed field that would help. Looks like a nice dug find to me.

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Hard Pan,

Thats a great coin and I believe it was dug as well. When I dug up my two Merc's I couldn't believe how good of shape they were in. So if you are so inclined please keep posting. Between you and Free2Detect the drive I need to keep on searching is provided. Thanks for keeping the discouragement of one from ending his hobby.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one nice coin there!! I found my first silver a couple weeks ago. It was a 43 merc (a little bent) It looked like it fell out of someones pocket about 10 minutes before I dug it. It wasn't even dirty!! I believe wholeheartedly that this coin was dug and the digger has all my respect. So there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread