First relic find from Sunday

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hello everyone,
I finally got down to my friend's house in Stafford yesterday and hunted for a couple hours on his property. He lives near the Stafford Courthouse for those of you that have been to Stafford before. Anyways, I did find 3 things of importance kind of. I found a penny, an end to a shotgun shell and what I have been told is a bridal bit...something for a horse. I found a really old budweiser beer can but forgot it at his house. Does anyone know for sure what the relic really is and if it is a bridal bit, what are the chances of it being from the civil war??? I found it deep in the woods about 6 inches deep. There are no trails around and it was in a valley of a sort. My friend said it is really old. I plan to go back because he has a nice size stream running through his property and I figured I would do some dettecting around it. I have posted some pics...let me know what you all think. Talk to you all later and good luck hunting. Thanks!!!
Pepperpump :) :) :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pepperpump

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Sorry, here are the pics...I can't get the hang of posting yet...
Pepperpump ;D

Attachments

• bullet2.JPG
    bullet2.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 253

searcher

Oct 4, 2004
Hill Country TEXAS
Detector(s) used
White's. Old, yellow but still waterproof!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds pepperpump
this is a snaffle bit with cheek rings, so the bit can't move too far sideways in the horses mouth. usually used for training but some horses like them so much that they just keep using them. although, for some reason stikes me as a driving bit???? maybe from a wagon team....? if there are no trails i doubt it was from a team though.
searcher

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread