Found today (sort of)

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today going thru boxes of stuff, forgot i had it. Thought i would share it here

It was found in a park in upstate NY a couple years ago (where i also found musket balls and a yet still unidentified button a which i seemed to have carelessly misplaced) and identified by bergie on this very site.

We were not hunting together that day and never got to see it firsthand before i had to make a retreat from NY and move back home where i'm at now

I took a hiatus from detecting a couple years for personal reasons and conflicts, but now have the means to post an actual picture of it and get back to detecting hardcore

It is from the NY militia and is turn of the century

Medal.jpg

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting find :)

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Hi True_Metal:

Where in Upstate NY were you? I now live there and if you could tell me I would appreciate it, never know what still might be in that area. Interesting item that you found though.

Southern_Boy

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. Love the avatar. ;D 8)

OP
OP
True_Metal

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. :)

Southern_Boy, Congratulations. Wish i didnt have to leave there as it is a metal detectorists shangri la.
I also scored my first large cent there and thanks to Bergie, first silver, also.

The park is near the town of Stormville and right down the street from where i lived. It is a newer park, but you can see from the find that does not matter.

I will try to get the streets names or coordinates from google earth, as they escape me right now.

There is plenty of stuff in USNY to find. Good luck :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread