Ole Red -Dead

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
I have been on here for a while, but due to my (2) back operations, I don't get to hunt very much.
Last week I was in Alabama visiting my daughter and her husband. We really went to see the grandson-lol.
So I got out to hunt for about 2hours.
My son-in -law's folks have a large farm, with what I was thinking , an old homestead. Well it didn't, and we hunted the woods-field.
I found several nails, and staples, and wire. AND then I got a really good penny
siginal. I had my son-in-law doing the digging, and at about 7 inches, he pulled out a 1975 dog tag. Old Red may have been burried somewhere close,
but I didn't look.
My son-in-law was born in 75 so I gave it to him.
Sorry no pic's. but use your imagination.
Hope to get out again soon.
Thanks for reading,
Tennessee Joe

Upvote 0

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Joe, hope ur back gets better mate..
in my imagination that penny looks awesome... gold and all... sort of like a spanish treasure... wooh bronze cannon... oh silver penny ... there we go... :P

OP
OP
TN-Joe

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Thanks Tommi,
It's starting to glow...kinda gold looking.
Joe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe! You mean you came through Alabama and didn't even wave when ya went by?

Sounds like a neat find! I hope your back gets better soon. I knowwww how it feels.

:) Nana

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Uhhh ! ...... Gee Tennessee ! Sorry to hear about your back problems. Hope you get to go out a little more often.

I graduated in '75 ! Boy.........That was deep for 1975, maybe you are right about Old Red!

Good luck ! Get well ! &.........HH

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to see it now. I believe it is a large cent with the mint luster still there.....Oh, nice dog tag!

I am sorry you can't get out much. Sometimes the fused vertebrae in my neck and the bulging discs in my neck and back give me a fit too. Maybe warmer weather will help us both out. We can't give up though. Lots of goodies are out there for us to find. I wish you the best

DANGLANGLEY in Wartburg, Tennessee

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Joe, sure sorry to hear about your back. :-[ I hope all heals up soon. Neat find! If ya had of dug a few more feet you would probably have found Old Red and could have given his tags back to him. heehee..... ;D
Get well soon!

Pepper

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,
I hope you're feeling better Buddy. Looking forward to seeing your posts again soon.
=MM=

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Hey Joe,
Glad to hear you got out for a little detectin, nothing soothes the winter time ho-hums like it. Maybe ol red was trying to point you in the direction of an ol cache? lol
My brother and I have been wearing it out lately. We are gonna have to come down and meet ya. It's a shame living this close together and not knowing each other. I hope your back gets better soon, I have alot of problems with my low back too. Detectin seems to stretch it out for me and helps with the pain. I think your doctor needs to write you a prescription of one detecting trip at least twice a week. ;) See ya

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hey Joe
sorry to hear that your back is acting up. Some say that when your back is hurting it is from lack of support from the universe so tell your wife that if you had a new detector that you would feel more supported and your back would probably stop hurting so you could do all of the projects she has lined up for you over the years.

Get well... real soon

HH

Sanat

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always good to interact with the in-laws. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the back.

Ed

OP
OP
TN-Joe

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Thank you everyone that has replyed. Thank you for the wishes for good health. My back is in a some days condition. Somedays it hurts like crazy, and somedays it's halfway good.
Kee the coil to the soil,
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread