Se first full hunt and bam! Its silver time!!!!!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well the ground now is starting to thaw...was able to dig about four inches down.... Decided the first full hunt would be with the Se... The dfx stayed home today.... I wanted to try to remember some of the tones and readings from the air tests I had run... It was a three hour hunt...around $3 in clad...usually with dfx the clad amounts for three hours are usually double that....but right near end of hunt....the Se began its attack got a strong 3/28 reading....which sounded like the silver I air tested...but so did a quarter earlier which was not... :D

But as I dug in the rock gravel..there it was down around 2-3 inches....my first silver of year! :blob8: A 43-d Merc...after 3 hours of tough hunting...I finally had a smile on my face....and headed to the car... Around $3 in clad, a Merc, and two game room tokens...and a little confidence built.... :)

Attachments

• 3-12-08 first silver of year...43-d merc.jpg
    3-12-08 first silver of year...43-d merc.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,144
  • 43-d merc... 3-12-08.jpg
    43-d merc... 3-12-08.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,143
  • 3-12-08 first silver of year...43-d merc back.jpg
    3-12-08 first silver of year...43-d merc back.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,145
Upvote 0

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awsome...Love Silver...Congrats on first hunt and nice find... 8)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Yup, the SE found it, Gregg! It is nice to see you back, buddy.

I like the name change. It kind of sounds like DFX-Gregg, but with an SE after the DFX and before the Gregg. :P :thumbsup: :)

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Merc...Looks like you had some fun, seems that you got alittle of everything...Congrats and HH next time

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Gotta love the first silver of the year. :)

I think you should be SE - DFX Gregg, since you will be using the SE primarily....or is the SE still in the evaluation stage?

Bob

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nice! believe me, if the silver is there the SE will find it. i have 100% confidance in my SE that way!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats Gregg on your first silver and hope to see many more come your way this year. Take your DFX too and if possible when you get a "silver" sound, try the DFX and see how it sounds as well. Sure doesn't hurt to hear those silver pitches with both detectors to have a mental note for your next hunt. I do that with the Ace 250 and my Explorer too, not to see if it picks the coin up, but to actually hear what my Ace sounds like on deep silver!! Again, congrats!

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
hollowpointred said:
nice! believe me, if the silver is there the SE will find it. i have 100% confidance in my SE that way!

Heh, heh, unless it is close to another target that is iron... :icon_scratch:

Well, well, Greg has succumbed to the dark side!!! Welcome!!! Muahhahahaha

Careful your DFX may get jealous and slip some black sand in your coil cover...

Nice merc, guess were going to have to start calling them SEilvers... :icon_jokercolor:

JW

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
WTG Gregg! I know somewhere in your mind the thought "This thing works" ran through. That SE I know will find silver if it's under your feet buddy. Congrats on breaking that fine instrument in!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Greg! I had my first hunt of the year today also but alas no silver just three wheats. :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
ticm said:
Still looks like the same dirty pile of crap you found with your DFX :P

You are right...it does look the same except for the merc! :D :icon_king: :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Mirage said:
Gotta love the first silver of the year. :)

I think you should be SE - DFX Gregg, since you will be using the SE primarily....or is the SE still in the evaluation stage?

Bob

Well I am all but outcast from the Whites home forum...If I say the word :"MINELAB"...it is worse than swearing over there.... :D But you are right...one forum I asked them to add se to my name...they handle name changes...odd it has not been done! Strange posting in an Explorer forum with just dfx Gregg! ??? ::)

I posted my finds over there and it was sent to the trash!!! :icon_jokercolor: :icon_pirat: :D :D :D :D :D :D

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack(IN) said:
Congrats Gregg on your first silver and hope to see many more come your way this year. Take your DFX too and if possible when you get a "silver" sound, try the DFX and see how it sounds as well. Sure doesn't hurt to hear those silver pitches with both detectors to have a mental note for your next hunt. I do that with the Ace 250 and my Explorer too, not to see if it picks the coin up, but to actually hear what my Ace sounds like on deep silver!! Again, congrats!

Jack as always great advice thanks! Going to start some new areas next week...will be swinging both... :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
JW said:
hollowpointred said:

Heh, heh, unless it is close to another target that is iron... :icon_scratch:

Well, well, Greg has succumbed to the dark side!!! Welcome!!! Muahhahahaha

Careful your DFX may get jealous and slip some black sand in your coil cover...

Nice merc, guess were going to have to start calling them SEilvers... :icon_jokercolor:

JW

I like the design of the se...does seem a little slower reacting...but that might just be me needing to make adjustments.... No I will get the dfx out...but if the se keeps finding the silver and the dfx does not...it will be out the door! >:D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread