My honey hole

P

Pooley

I have hunted this place now for about 2 months strictly on the weekends and today I found my first 2 wheaties (1955-d, 1920) along with 4 dimes (clad) and 10 memorials. To date, this house has produced about 15 quarters, 5 nickles, 17 dimes, 2 wheaties, 2 childrens rings and countless pull tabs and other misc junk. Will try and get a good picture of the wheaties to post.

Attachments

• house1.JPG
    house1.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 628
  • house2.JPG
    house2.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 610
  • md.JPG
    md.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

? ? Theres your problem right there! ?You've got your detectors all tangled up.
?Cool finds! ? Good looking site. ? ? ? ? ? WTG! ? ? HH

OP
OP
P

Pooley

yeah, its a nice peacful spot and good bass fishing in the lake in back, ?the only drawback is that the place is kind of overgrown and I get those little "hitchhikers" stuck to my socks and shoe laces. ?That house will be tore down in a few months and a new house put up on its place so I should be able to find that ever elusive silver when they start clearing the place off. ?The home was built in the 30's-40's and I know there has to be silver there. ?I have found several dimes and quarters ?from 1965 and 1966 just no silver yet. ?I hunted that place hard with my old whites and now going back over everything with my ACE250. ?Will keep my finds updated

OP
OP
P

Pooley

here are some of my finds at this house. I have posted these pics before.

Attachments

• 75_pennies2.jpg
    75_pennies2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 605
  • 75_quarterdimenic1.jpg
    75_quarterdimenic1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 612
  • 75_pennies2.jpg
    75_pennies2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 565
  • 75_quarterdimenic1.jpg
    75_quarterdimenic1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 555
G

gguff

Looks like easy digging in that kinda soil. Bet that is saving you a lot of time and effort.

OP
OP
P

Pooley

the toughest part is cutting through the roots of the grass but once you get the plug out of the way you just use your hands

OP
OP
P

Pooley

going back over there this evening. Hopefully I will find some more old stuff and hopefully some silver.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a Late 60's Coinmaster there ?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i wouldnt know what to do first at that site go mding or fishing! although i must admit that i havnt done a lick of fishing since the metal detector showed up!........ real nice finds!good luck hunting the rest of the yard!

OP
OP
P

Pooley

Its a Whites GEB Discriminator sold by sears, i think its late 70s, I picked it up for 20 bucks. Hit the house again for about 45 minutes and found 4 dimes (clad) and 9 memorial pennies. On the back side of the house my boss has already took off some of the topsoil and its piled up in a big burn pile with tree limbs and weeds. Cannot get to it to search, to many sticks and stuff and probably snakes. Will go back over there tomorrow morning for a bit

OP
OP
P

Pooley

Went to the honey hole this morning for about an hour and found 2 more wheaties , 1 clad dime and 5 memorial pennies, silver soon. Ran into a guy detecting at a local elem school, he had a spectrum xlt that he paid $100 for at a yard sale, some people have all the luck!!! Anyways, he told me of a few places that he hunts and continues to find silver. Will be hitting those this afternoon if I can sneak away froma family dinner >:(

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I'd clean up w/ whites then use ace250 to really clean up! Also baddger has right idea look for swimmin hole$$$$$$

OP
OP
P

Pooley

I have hunted a very small section of the shore area and found some old clad quarters and dimes but no silver there. There use to be another old farmhouse out in the field but I do not know the exact location because it was bulldozed over. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread