Digging more old ash pits in my yard, Silver!

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Hit some more of the trashy area in my yard with the buried ash pits.
Still using the 4x6 DD shooter coil.
Got a broken 20 ish VDI and dug the plug.
Out popped an iron bowl shaped object. Moving that out of the way,
I spotted a heart shaped object. I thought to myself I bet that is an old locket.
Yep!
locket.JPG
Gold plated on silver. Broken though :(
locket mark.JPG
Neat clasp on it :icon_biggrin:
clasp.JPG
claspback.JPG
I put it in electrolysis to get the gold plating off and here it is now
I found the 44 wheat nearby.
wheat and locket.JPG
HH,
Donny

Upvote 0

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Excellent finds!! I love my xlt! Last year I thought I wanted a new minelab but after having my best year to date I decided that the ole xlt was still the machine for me!! I am going to get me a waterproof machine before summer gets here and I am thinking of sticking to whites. Good luck and happy hunting!!
mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty! That cleaned up great!

Congrats! Nana :)

OP
OP
djabend

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Baldingboy said:
Anything inside the locket? Great find BTW.
No there is nothing inside. You can't see it in the pics but all I found was one side to it.
There was no sign of the other side :(

hikermike said:
Excellent finds!! I love my xlt! Last year I thought I wanted a new minelab but after having my best year to date I decided that the ole xlt was still the machine for me!! I am going to get me a waterproof machine before summer gets here and I am thinking of sticking to whites. Good luck and happy hunting!!
mike
I like my XLT too. But I am going to be using my economic stimulus package money and tax return to upgrade to a DFX. Got to love free money from the government and I am just doing my part to help the economy :laughing7:
I will be keeping my XLT though.
HH,
Donny

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
DJAbend...And we ALL appreciate you spending that $$$ as it was intended...Buying products made in the U.S.A.! :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
djabend said:
Baldingboy said:
Anything inside the locket? Great find BTW.
No there is nothing inside. You can't see it in the pics but all I found was one side to it.
There was no sign of the other side :(

hikermike said:
mike
I like my XLT too. But I am going to be using my economic stimulus package money and tax return to upgrade to a DFX. Got to love free money from the government and I am just doing my part to help the economy :laughing7:
I will be keeping my XLT though.
HH,
Donny

No worries it will all even out as soon as gas hits $5.89 a gallon...lol

nice silver locket Donny..soon as most of the trash is removed--you'll start finding lots of nice keepers

Shawn

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread