Too muck work. Too much Rain lately.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi all been busy lately so I haven't been on as much. Only have hunted about 2 or 3 hrs in the last 10 days. I am finishing up some work I have to do over the next couple of weeks here then I'll get back into full swing.

As you can see I don't have all my coins in cases yet so I'll tell you what they are. The quarter is a 35 D washington. The coin in the holder is a 1907 V-nickle. The small token is a Pittsburgh railways one fare token.

I got a real surprise last night. Me and my son went out for about 1 and a half hrs. We found some relics and that silver washington. It was on the surface by the way. Always check the surface. I found what I thought was a half of compact right. I got it home and it was so black that I didn't really give it much thought. I decided to clean it up some more with a polish and it was stamped sterling but sterl is missing. Just ing are left in the middle of it. I guess it was some kind of pill box.

I found it by a tree that was struck by lightning at a old spot were a building was built in 1861. Now I have to go back and check over that spot better and see if I can find the other half. It's a nice heavy piece of silver. Looks old too.

I scanned a extra pick of what the silver pill box looks like from the inside. Hope you all like this small amount of stuff. I'll be back strong soon.

Good Luck Jeremy

Attachments

• Too much work 2.jpg
    Too much work 2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 338
  • Too much work.jpg
    Too much work.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 332
  • Too much work 1.jpg
    Too much work 1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice digs,I'll try and send some sun your way to dry things up a bit.Can't do much abought the work tho.HH

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Hey Jeremy, good to see you back. It's been a while. We'll be looking forward to your posts when you're back in "full swing". Still had a few nice finds with the little time you had!

HH 8) surfrat

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
COOL finds!!! That round deal on the bottom left looks like something maybe Capt'n Kirk or spock may have dropped lol. Nice silver! Good luck on your trip back! :)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks all, it hassent been that long. About ten days since my last post and pics. The site moves so fast though so they get burried deep quickly.

The round thing in the bottom left is a gas cap for a pontiac I think. Or a center cap on a wheel.

Keep hitting those beaches there surfrat. I seen some of your ring finds. Keep at it.

I'll have some better stuff here soon. This is a bad time for me because I love to woods hunt and there getting really hard to get in and out of now. This is a time where I need to start hitting lawn area's. Then hit the woods hard in the fall again.

HH Jeremy

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys, send some sun this way. All rain every day here lately. It's OK I'll make it. I need a little break probably. Been going at it really hard and haven't stopped in a few years. I hunt even through the winters. While I have this time I'm thinking of spots to go and check.

I'm close to 100 keepers on the year already. I had a huge winter/spring because of the mild weather. It's rare I am busy and don't have time to detect. I always have time to detect. I got about 40 silvers on the year. About 4 or 5 pieces of gold. That isn't including all other coins and relics. So really if I took the whole rest of the year off it would be a great year already. Everything else I find is extra pretty much. If your finding over 50 silver coins a year your doing well. I have done it 2 of the last 3 years. Last year I found close to 100 Indians. But I still managed to find about 30 to 40 silver pieces.

I have to have alot of places to detect all the time. I hit area's hard and clean them out quick. So finding 50 spots a year is hard to do. I feal I have hunted alot of the city already. Not true but seems like it at times.

Thanks again all HH Jeremy

F

Floater

Those are Great Finds Jerdfx, Hope it stops raining soon and you get the really nice weather.HH

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks Floater, your the man.

Take care Jeremy

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks rtde, yeah it is from the local railways co that was around here back in the day. There are 3 different types of these tokens I find. This one with the p in the middle are the more harder one's to find. There about the size of a 3 cent silver and are all cut out. They come in on the foil range on the dfx.

I find alot of them because railroads where big where I am at a long time ago. They still get alot of use. Tons of train tracks every where around here. Don't know the age of this one. The other's I find are all dated 1922. I don't know if this is before or after that date. There's also one other type all cut out but slightly bigger. I am not sure on the date of those one's either.

HH Jeremy

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife just retired from a shortline railroad and I have permission to hunt their tracks. Only problem is that they haul scrap metal to the local steel mill! Tons of trash all along the track from all over the world! I'd be better off hunting all the copper spilled and selling it to buy detecting equipment! JIM

Dirty Knees McGee

May 5, 2005
Sunny Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ 6.5x9, 9x12, & EXcelerator 10x14 DD coils
Great pill box and I love the token!!! I can understand being frustrated about rain. Massachusetts has had one Noreaster this week and we are getting our second one. By this weekend, I will have had close to 9 days of straight rain!!! Makes a man sad! :'(

Regardless, nice digs and happy hunting!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys, yeah where getting alot of rain here this time of the year also. I have a weather beater on my detector and can hunt in the rain. I usually do most of my detecting in the evenings and on the weekends. I have been working in the evenings and on the weekends lately.

I also play baseball in a men's semi pro league that starts next Thursday night at 8:45. So that is going to take up even more of my time. This is my first summer playing for this league.

These next 3 months are my least favorite time to hunt. Heat, bugs and the woods are really grown in. I'll still manage to squeeze my detecting in somewhere.

Keep searching everyone. It's out there you just have to have time.

HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread