Is this a ring?

eddie72876

Mar 27, 2005
Myrtle Beach, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer 2
Hi everyone,
Went out for a while in the backyard again. I dug this. I think it may be a ring that someone was making. Maybe out of a piece of pipe? I'm guessing that its aluminum (although I don't know if they make alum. pipes this size. I didn't clean it... this is how it came out. It has scratches in it and what looks like saw marks. If it is a ring, the eidth and thickness would suggest a mans ring, but the size of the hole only allows me to put it on my little finger up to the second knuckle. If nothing else, its a neat conversation piece. Anybody got any ideas?

Attachments

• IMAG0002.JPG
    IMAG0002.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 355
  • IMAG0003.JPG
    IMAG0003.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 348
  • IMAG0004.JPG
    IMAG0004.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 345
  • IMAG0005.JPG
    IMAG0005.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0

brandy

Jan 15, 2005
SOUTH ARKANSAS
Cool find. I believe you have found a piece of pipe that someone has done some definite prep work to. My guess would be a ring was about to take shape. The pipe looks to have been worked on a ring anvil as evidenced by the scratch marks inside it and the difference in the thickness of the wall of the pipe. Flat place and cutout on one side is also a giveaway (note scratch marks and hammer marks). Yep a keeper. HH

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it was a shop class project. We used to make things like that in metal shop.

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Interesting find Eddie. Maybe it's just the way the picture was taken but it looks as though it's thinner at the bottom than at the top. It also looks like it's flat on top? How did it come in on the VDI meter? Looks like someone may have molded it rather than just cut it off a pipe. You should finish it up real nice and then say look what I found ;D~CO2

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a handmade 24K .9999 pure gold ring. WTG!!

HH!!

Disclaimer: (Just kidding)

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 184
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 227
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 188
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 177

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Looks like a ring not completed.We used to cut down Pennies to dime size in school for the coke machine.One day the Coke guy came into the shop with a bag full of cut pennies and was so mad O $HIT. Shop teach,had a 20 inch paddel with dime size holes drilled in it.You know the rest of the story.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO Jarman. I think that is a common story among many schools in past days. I remember when we use to cut pennies down to dime size when the machines were more concerned with size than with weight.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't remember the cut down pennies as much as the 20" paddle!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread