Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Began todays hunt at a large soccor field south of town, turned the disc down on the MXT to accept

nickels (preset position) and hopefully gold rings, dug my fair share of pull tabs and clad. Next i went

to a middle school football field, turned the disc. to max and the gain at aprox +1 in order to cherry

pick the field for silver rings, quarters, dimes,and clad. No silver here, so i headed to an adjacent

elementary school and began hunting a medium sized grassy area. Got a signal that was dimey in one

direction and just shy of quarter in the other axis (for you MXT users 79 and 82) .When i see these

signals that either fall a little short of a quarter, or are well above, i start thinking silver ring. Sure

enough a small silver dolfin ring with a tiny black onyx stone. Decided to head to a large private

high school athletic field next. Continued in the aforementioned cherry picking mode, picked up a

fair bit of clad , then while digging a penny/dime type signal, (79) was surprised to pull a sterling

ring with turquoise inlay, rather beat up from rototiller or mower. Swept the spot and got a signal

of 82 -83 (ringish) sure enough a nice sterling ring with black onyx inlay . Sun was setting so i

called it a good day. Clad came to $17.00 + 3 sterling rings . I love metal detecting !!!

Gregory, Santa Fe.

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey moley you did excellent today..

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, now you can buy an extra gallon of gas to go detecting. lol
Looks like you had a good day. I like silver! Keep it up.
Leon

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Great job!
Where's the pictures? They are always fun to view over coffee!

My wife and I were in Santa Fe last year. Boy, downtown parking is a hassle! We ended up getting a ticket after parking in a loading zone for less than ten minute. The car belongs to my wife and is now under warrant. We plan not to return; two criminals on the run! :)

GRB

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Nice job on finding those silver rings! Post pictures when you get a chance. We would love to see them! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread