Very Small, Small, Medium and Large Silver Today

Turborick

Nov 16, 2006
Central Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
I had a pretty good day today, after meeting for biscuits and gravy this morning we decided to hit a site that had been a recreation and spa area from before the civil war until the 1960s. The ground was perfect, there were very few bugs and the grass and weeds have not yet become a problem. We spent most of the day at this site and I found the 1854 holed half-dime, the 34 merc, the wheaties ranging from 1919 to 1954, the war nickel, the lead seal, the 1935 buffalo nickel and the little knurled brass rod and much misc junk.

The two silver quarters, a 53 and a 54 I think, the shot thimble and the French silver coin that has been split and made into a pocket knife I found at a newer site. Thanks for looking and have a good week.

Rick

Attachments

• 143.JPG
    143.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 607
  • 147.JPG
    147.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 606
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent digs :)

HH

OP
OP
Turborick

Turborick

Nov 16, 2006
Central Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Thanks everyone for the kind words. There are a couple of firsts there for me, that is my first holed coin and my first French coin. Buzz, the coin is 1869 and says 5 f. which I assume means 5 francs. HH!

Rick

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, you had a great weekend. Those seated dimes/half dimes are tough to find. Yours has great detail. :icon_sunny: Lot's of other good stuff too.

Have you found many seated coins?

Bob

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice batch of finds

HH Jer

OP
OP
Turborick

Turborick

Nov 16, 2006
Central Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Hi Mirage, as a rule we find a few barbers and lots of mercs and rosies but over the last few weeks the winter research into some older sites in the area has really paid off in seated coins. The half-dime in the picture is my fourth half-dime in three weeks and in that same period I have also found three seated dimes and a 1853 gold dollar coin.

As funny as it might sound I have shifted my focus from coin hunting to relic hunting and I am finding better coins. As a rule I try to stay out of the which detector is best discussion but I have to say that my F75, for me, in my soil, is killer on deep coins and relics. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread