first time

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
First time detecting today,m.d. came yesterday, found an old sq.nail,2 bullet case's,81d dime and interestingly, a rose colored piece of quartz with flecks of gold in a hollow in the stone. I live on whats called a drumlin which is a large long mound of rocks which was deposited by a glacier. The stone must have come from a long way off. It gave a very loud signal. Also the m.d. said that there was a dime 4 in.down and thats what and where it was.

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds! :D Would love to see the quartz! Post a picture! ;D And welcome to both of you!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
miester

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
Never posted a pic, hope it works. this is just the stone.

Attachments

• Cutout 3.jpg
    Cutout 3.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 202

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Cool find 8). Your pic isn't bad for the 1st time. Just a tip: try using a dark background and brace the camera. I also see that you are using incandescent lighting(indoor light bulb. If you have a flash, try using it set for automatic, also back off just a hair. Just my 2 cents. Welcome and HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

Welcome aboard,

HH

Lonewolfe

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
stoney56 said:
Cool find 8). Your pic isn't bad for the 1st time. Just a tip: try using a dark background and brace the camera. I also see that you are using incandescent lighting(indoor light bulb. If you have a flash, try using it set for automatic, also back off just a hair. Just my 2 cents. Welcome and HH
Or better yet, take your pics outside in full daylight on a dark background (I find mine come out much better)
great post welcome! Great finds! HH omnicognic 8)

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Nice find there guy!!! Specialy for your first time and for being in WI!!!! Ya there is gold here in WI but not alot, So I would say you are off to a GREAT start! Im in WI aswell. WEelcome to the forum , I am pretty new myself and have learned ALOT on this forum. Looking forward to your future posts, good luck on your next hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread