Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1800's Find of the day............SSSSSSSSSS

Shannon and I got a chance to get away for detecting today. Had planned to go to the sandy banks of the river. Got there and lots and lots of people there. So we decided to go back to the Dr.'s old house. We were there a couple of hours....found some junk, an old glass and metal Mason lid......decided to go over to where the ground had been plowed. We were just beep beep beeping along, minding our own business and then there he was......A big ole velvet tail rattler! He was just as quiet as could be...no warning what so ever...... Because we had planned to go detecting on the sand we didn't bother to bring the snake chaps....I guess the lesson we learned today is DON'T FORGET the SNAKE CHAPS!!!!! :o

Nana ;)

Attachments

• Snake.JPG
    Snake.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 791
  • Snake1.JPG
    Snake1.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 774
  • Snake2.JPG
    Snake2.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 765
  • Snake4.JPG
    Snake4.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 753
  • Masonlid1.JPG
    Masonlid1.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 728
Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1800's Find of the day............SSSSSSSSSS

There is a creek running through some land I lease for hunting. Last summer was dry and the creek was a mere trickle. We got to finding copper heads in camp at night eating bugs around our lights. We made a foray down the creek and found a copper head or water mocassin every little ways. To make a long story short we killed over a hundred poisonous snakes along a mile stretch of the creek by our campers. They we congregating in the creek and eating minnows that were trapped on the low water. Wouldn't have killed them if they weren't so numerous and were coming into camp where our grandkids and kids play. One place has a huge rock outcrop over a pool which we call the snakepit. I killed 8 copper heads and one big moccasin there one evening and several others as well. At one time that hole was a good place to cool off because there is a nice pool and a spring. Not anymore! JIM

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for your replies! :D It just kinda made me take a second look at my surroundings...sometimes I get carried away with what I am doing and don't pay enough attention to where I am stepping. I hope this can help you all to remember to be careful too! ;)

Badger...when I found the lid....I thought about seeing them on here. I wouldn't have known what it was if they hadn't been posted on here!

Truly enjoyed everyones input on this one! ;)

Nana ;)

johny mc.

May 18, 2005

snakes? "I hate snakes"- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford).................................what a wuss..........they're not even slimey.................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread