new here.....found some cool stuff

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
normally I just browse the Colorado part of the forum, but i have grown attached to this forum....so im joe from Denver. Went hunting today at an old house that will soon see the wreaking ball. Found 45 coins, 3 being wheaties, 2 old toy cars, and a key.. no silver though :( Where are some good ideas to hunt. This site is producing wheats, one being a 30' I know theres got to be some silver..I been hunting by the older trees and grass thus far. I attached a photo of my goodies. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Picture419.jpg

Upvote 0

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Advice? Dig clad and use it to buy silver.

Residential sites are tough, I don't find as much usually. (Of course there's always exceptions) But in many cases I suspect the old guys went through and cherry picked the silver in the 80's. I prefer hidden places that were once parks or fairgrounds but are now forgotten about.

I'd take that detector up US-6 and go nugget hunting in clear creek.

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...do some research on your area and the surrounding areas. Hit Tot-Lots, Schools, Athletic Fields, Colleges...Make sure you get permission before you dig.

Nice Digs by the way...Welcome to T-Net. HH

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Persistence and Patients are what I've found are the keys plus research! The silvers are deeper sometimes underneath the clad and you have to get the clad and junk out of the way to find the silver in a lot of cases. You just never know where silver will turn up though, I've found it right on the surface out in the woods.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Joe, I think your finds are great... keep at it... :thumbsup:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Nice finds! One wise dude told me the other weekend: Its not the machine thats not getting the coins...Its the operator who does not know how to use the machine.

Not trying to be mean, just wanted to say my word.

Oh WELCOME TO TREASURENET! :thumbsup: Hope your stay is really wonderfull! ;D

OP
OP
denverjoe04

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks all....im probably going back out there before work today and use the sniper coil since some of the area had a lot of trash...might have to pay a trip to the Colorado history museum and see some old maps of denver to find where to hunt....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread