May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean City Md,& Delaware

I was in Ocean City ,Md.this weekend.I didnt get much MDing in but did alot of research for the next trip. I wanted to share this info for those interested.In 1785 the Faithful Steward sank on its way to philly.There is still British and Irish 1/2 pennies washing ashore today.The location to hunt is from the Indian River Inlet up to the Life Saving Station.This is aka "Coin Beach." At 708 Ocean Highway, Delaware there is a museum that gave alot of info.These were given to me as "Best Places". Spanish 1700s, 30th to 38th street O.C.,Md. Quattro 1800s 79th street O.C.,Md.1720-1750 Roosevelt Inlet in Lewes Delaware. There are wrecks allover O.C. but these are main ones. All of these spots are certainly better after storms.I hope this helps,thanx for reading.

Knowledge/Pass It On,HH, jimmy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean City

While I was in O.C. this weekend I did get a little time MDing.I rented a Fisher 1280x for $40/24 hrs.I was interested to try a machine different than mine.I found $32.17 in clad ,no jewelry ,but it was a good experience.Almost paid for the rental.LOL.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ocean City

Good deal!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ocean City Md,& Delaware

Good info,

HH

Lonewolfe

johny mc.

May 18, 2005

Jimmy-
I spent/spend quite of bit of time in,around,researching, and hunting the area called coin beach.
The good news is I had some folks in my store very recently who said the area north of Indian River inlet, about 12 telephone poles up on your right had severe beach damage because of the storms, evidently quite a few cuts.
The bad news is I've hunted that area extensively and pickins are hard to come by. I have found clad and fishing stuff.
That doesn't mean you won't get fortunate. Just don't think this is like Fla.
You need a hurricane to roll through there before those rose guineas tumble in.
The beach is kinda strange. There is a quite pronounced incline from the water up to the beach. During normal tides the water comes up to the top of the incline(hill) that then becomes a flat beach back to the dunes say about 200 yards. For debris to roll up to the flat upper part you need quite a storm surge. When the tide is low(out) you have a steep incline running down to the water. This is tough to hunt without a water proof detector. and the least place for targets to stay. The water there is fairly deep and there is a strong rip tide all through there, so wading and detecting is almost impossible even with a flat ocean. Mother nature knows how to protect certain places. I have wanted to scuba dive in that off shore area and the rip makes it unrealistic.
The Museum @ Sea Shell City in Fenwick Island is a must stop for anyone in that area who is into treasure hunting. I grew up going to this area and have explored a lot of nooks and crannies all over the water.
If you get lucky in there let me know. I'd love to feature you/your finds on my site/webpage/store.
Good luck and aloha- johny mc..............................www.theadventurelodge.com

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can bet that Ill hunt these areas HARD when Im there,and dont worry will post if I find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread