1845 farm gives up another large cent

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Went back to the old 1845 farm that I felt was nearly hunted out. Found out some new areas were opened up to me due to winter die off of landscaping and the intentional removal of some plantings. Found a 1909 wheat right off the bat, no S or VDB from what I can see. The excitement soon ended as no more coins were found. I then decided to turn down the descrimination and dig iffy signals in the area where I found large cents, 2 cents etc.. Near the ancient old hemlock I locked onto a solid coin reading. I figured it must have been a recent drop as I had hammered this area. Uh oh, it only reads coin swinging side to side and not front to back. That's usually a bad sign, but I said I'd dig iffys, so here goes. Flip the hinged chunk of sod back and standing on edge is a 1836 Large Cent. Whoo Hoo!
largeandsmallcent.jpg

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most excellent ;D

HH

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Dayton.

I never saw one of those in this area but pulled one myself in Beavercreek yesterday. Are you going to Columbus Sat for the big MD meeting?

SKD

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
What are the odds???

Welcome to the 1836 LC Finders club! I found my 1836 more than a year ago! Congrats!

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Thanks for the kind words everyone ;D . Soreknees, I'll be in Rockcastle County KY this weekend working on projects at our caving club's campground :( . This weekend date was set long before I herd of the meeting. As a board member, I felt I should attend. Otherwise, I wouldn't miss it. The place was a show cave way back and a saltpeter mine during the war of 1812 and the civil war. I'll bring my detector with me as well ;D . I'll try to post a video of the cave and maybe me digging in one of the old roadside dumps. I'd like to meet everyone someday, 'til then keep on digin'. :wink:

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the large cent!

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it or not, both of my best that I have posted in my profile were "iffy" signals. The Conn. Copper was on edge over 10" down. Sometimes ya gotta just DIG! Congrats.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice find,

I love to find them old coppers.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread