Double-Barreled finds-- Check-out these pics of a dream hunt

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Went back to the old site and made sure I had a whole day to really work this place over.Got there at 8 am and after a short talk with the contractor(I work for him sometimes)and a little brown-nosin--I gave him the trench-lighter and marbles I had dug previously, I saw somemore of the lot and creek bank had been scraped.So I decided to start at the creek bank. Trying to G.B there the ground was full of metal, so I was walking in all-metal to find a place to G.B. and Behold-- a little perfume stickin out the ground.Moving off the bank I GB'ed and started swingin- Two seconds later dug a old Ford key.Diggin it up, I also recover 2 glass buttons and this small area seemed LITTERED with relics! For the next 2 hours I worked a 20'x20' area and found a 45-70 case,old lighter, model T valve-stem cap , buckle,silver monogrammed thing,anchor button, a pendant with 50 on the front, the back has California 63141...10kt, This spot was ON FIRE--Next a Tootsie plane,a hammered cross,solid SS child's spoon and a ivory flower earring, It came outta a pile of dirt from a hole. Speakin of holes-- I had this spot lookin like a war zone, Its the first time I've been able to hunt and not WORRY about coverin up my holes.The owner had assured me I could'nt tear up the lot enough!!It was T.H.'in heaven!! About this time I hear the dozer fire up and its starts makin passes near the bank. I watch and see PILES of car parts, Huge rusted slabs of sheet metal,and just a incredible am out of SCARY stuff being pushed down the bank. Afterwards, I stepped on the new scrape-BOOM!!! SS jump wings in almost mint condition-I was also diggin a LOT of trash, but the frequent finds kept me goin--Next a Daniel Boone lead toy,Forgien Legion pin with the screwback,but the ground quickly filled back with trash as I moved along the bank. Taking some different lines back. Gotta weird clicky,but repeatable signal,after about 10 minutes I was holding a double-barrel shotgun receiver!! I was stoked!! This hunt kept gittin better and better!! Finally, finished this hunt off scanning the dozer tracks thru overgrown areas, and found a broken pair of marked 18kt eye-glass frames!! Last but not least a saloon token says Golden Gate Salloon, Eureka Ca.--Was this a Dream!!?? Seemed too good to be true!? Never in 12 yrs of MD'in have I encountered a site like this.Sure I guess... I'll be back---note: Had to give up the jumpwings to the owner,he had been in WWII, as a grunt. When he caught me cleaning all my finds. He flipped out over the wings and offered me $20 bucks for them. I handed them to him and said " thanks for lettin me hunt,and would these allow me to hunt the rest of the site??He replied "Hell yes and the next one of my job site you wish!!!" I was truly filled with a pleasant thought--He's happy, I'm happy and relics were brought home.--------------------Detecting Nirvana at its best----

Attachments

• find t.jpg
    find t.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 695
  • finds dt.jpg
    finds dt.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 695
  • wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 693
  • perfume.jpg
    perfume.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 679
  • kiss.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0
J

JackRussell

:o wow, wow :o you cleaned house great dig!!! that perfume bottle is cool

F

Floater

B E A UTIFUL Reserector!!!! You will sleep well tonight and have those dreams of finding the twenty dollar gold piece thats in there somewhere. HH

T

Tojoro

Awesome site! Hope you have as much luck on the rest of the hunt!

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
That is just way to cool! Those are some SUPER relics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go , you musta had a marvelous time. I could just imagine your head thinking..."what am i gonna find next" after each find. FAROUT man! Good luck on your next hunt.

monstercap

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2005
resurector you really hit paydirt! what is that tubular thing above the rifle casing? I've found several of those, over the years, and don't know what they are. Good luck!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o WoW! :o Unbelievable! :o Super fantastic awe inspiring :o Really dilly a great day for you! :o

I LOVE that perfume bottle! ;D

Nana ;)

You did good! :D

R

rvbvetter

WOW!! Great finds!!!
Are you in calif? Eureka is not far from my hometown. Crescent City WTG!! HH

OP
OP
resurector

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
monstercap said:
resurector you really hit paydirt! what is that tubular thing above the rifle casing? I've found several of those, over the years, and don't know what they are. Good luck!
Monster-- thats a model T valve-stem cover/cap its engraved-- Shrader Valve Co. 1903 I found out by a E-bay seller who had repos of them for sale. He said theres a few different sizes and if I find one with all the plating(its chrome? over brass) that he'd give me $25.00 for it. I have another larger size but both have almost no plating left. Still I think its really cool.Better check yours now eh??Good Luck

OP
OP
resurector

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
rvbvetter said:
? ? ? ?WOW!!? Great finds!!!
Are you in calif?? ? ?Eureka is not far from my hometown.? ?Crescent City? ? ? ? ?WTG!!? ? ?HH
RVB-
Since I'm posting a request for advice about a gold cache in my own home town( read WALL OF GOLD in the cache forum--I dont want to reveal my actual hometown)if you read it you'll understand why-- I will tell you I live in Southern Humboldt and wouldn't mind gettin together for a hunt-- I'm planning a hunt this summer on a secret miners camp by Somes Bar just south of Happy Camp. Could be a virgin site and I got pics of it. It looks awesome!! Let me know if ya wanna come --sometime in July. By the way you know the sharp corner on hwy 101 on the south side of Cresent, if your headin south, a few blocks before the corner theres a empty lot on the right with nothing but steps in front.a crumbling chimney an I think a palm tree. Looks like a old mansion site!! You should try to get in there--could be HOT- Just a thought --- Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread