Ive got rabies!!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I've got rabies!!!

A rabies dog tag that is!!!!! Man this past week has been mindblowing! I have had the Sunday hunt in LA with the silver and the Wheat pennies then the other night when I snuck out with BB and found the Merc and the silver ring and stuff and then today's hunt!

My little guy laid down to take a nap and my daughter is in St. Louis with her aunt and my oldest was sitting downstairs playing PS3. I asked him to keep an eye on his brother for an hour or two and I snuck off to hunt.

The second target I dug was my first ever DOG TAG! :o :D ;D Specifically a rabies vaccination tag. Belongs to Phlash from 1981. I covered the phone number because it is still a working number.

Then as I was playing around I dug a lot more junk and then it was time to go. I started working my way back to the car and I pulled the old Schrader Universal / E N Y USA handle out about 7 inches. It says on it Pat April 30-07 and Jul 9-0 but I cannot make out the last number on the July date :-( ???

Then I took a few steps more and got a quarter reading at ten inches. I dug down ten inches and pulled out a TRUCK!!!!!!!! This thing is sooooooooo cooooooooollllllllll. :thumbsup: :o ;D It says Hurley Kiddie toy made in USA and has a 460 stamped on it. The only thing missing is the back wheel. I have never found anything like this either and I was dumbfounded!

Then I stood up and moved my coil about 6 inches to the left and got another quarter signal at 4 inches and pulled out the old Tootsie Toy van!!!!!! Another first!!!!! :thumbsup: ;D :D

Then I found two keys, one is uncut! I have never found an uncut key before. Man the last couple of short hunts have been great.

I then found a 46 Wheat in rough shape. That is number 32 on the year and I only found 36 last year!!!! So I am doing well with the wheats.

An hour and 40 minutes and some great finds. I love this hobby. Thanks for looking.

By the way all three of my dimes are 1965! So close but not cigar

Attachments

• allstuff.JPG
    allstuff.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 935
  • rabies.JPG
    rabies.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 948
  • phlash.JPG
    phlash.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 940
  • hutr.JPG
    hutr.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 921
  • intr.JPG
    intr.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 921
  • tootsin.JPG
    tootsin.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 932
  • toots.JPG
    toots.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 906
  • both.JPG
    both.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 909
  • schrader.JPG
    schrader.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 915
  • 46.JPG
    46.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 892
  • keys.JPG
    keys.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 884
  • 46b.JPG
    46b.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 860
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Re: I've got rabies!!!

Really awesome finds! Hopefully you will reach the silver mark soon! ;D

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x

I THINK THAT RABIES TAG MADE IT ALL WORTH WHILE.... :wink: NICE FIND :thumbsup:

SEMPER FI :sunny:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Wahooooo!! That belly rub sure did the trick! You are a findin stuff like crazy!! Congrats my friend! ~hugs~

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

Hoooo Raaaaaaa!

Thanks Cynangyl

DF I tried really hard to find silver it just hid to good from me. That's ok though I'll take what I got. I love all the stuff I found today including the junk!!!!!

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

Take a look at the smallest item I dug it is in the upper left hand corner of the white paper. Third thing down from the top. It is really small but it gave an iffy signal so I dug it. I thing digging stuff like that helps you find the good stuff. It ended up being a small piece of foil.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

bah! I am sure it has a fabulous history and as soon as you find out the history you will have to share it with us! :thumbsup:

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2

Nice digs! All that good Karma is paying off! Heck, if you make it to the CTH2, 2009 could be your banner year, maybe even find a silver hoard.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

One of my SECRET goals is to find just one thing to make the banner Tin. I don't think that will ever happen but I keep trying.

I have been trying to find a buffalo nickel but it hasn't happened yet! I am going somewhere Monday to hunt that has a good chance of finding one and I am going to do my best.

Thanks for the kind words..........

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

A great hour and a half! It's a toss up between the truck and the dog tag of which I like most.I'm gonna have to find out more about a belly rub.Congrats,Larry,you did good! Goodluck Monday in getting a buffalo,and I will keep it a secret if I find a silver spur at CTH2.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

WSD you are going to have to find something good for me in KS so I wil send you some MAGIC batteries for whatever machine you are going to use and maybe my MAGIC digger too!!!!!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trucks are cool.....aa

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

He wouldn't answer his phone today and I had to sneak off quick so I didn't wait for him. Sorry Kirk. Don't want to make anyone think poorly of me but when the opportunity presents itself I jump at every chance to hunt!!!!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are on a streak that is for sure. Congrats and keep a diggin.
Burdie

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

I love the little truck! I like to find things such as that. Congrats on your "Junque" ! Good luck finding that Buffalo!

Pepper

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX

YOU DONT KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE, THOSE TWO TRUCKS ARE (TWO) SWEET!
VERY NICE!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

mastereagle22 said:
He wouldn't answer his phone today and I had to sneak off quick so I didn't wait for him. Sorry Kirk. Don't want to make anyone think poorly of me but when the opportunity presents itself I jump at every chance to hunt!!!!

I got a message on my answering machine that said "Hey Bud.....it's Mastereagle (names withheld to protect the guilty) :evil4: and I was gonna go out today and harrass some old people and maybe steal some old toys from a young child in the poor part of town. If there is any time left...maybe we can metal detect some."

Obviously, I didn't pick up the phone. I pretended not to be home. :happy3:

Baldingboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread