DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are recent finds from a short hunt on a colonial era field that I had an opportunity to hunt.

The first item is an Apothicary Coin Type Weight, 2 Scruples. This is dated March 16, 1847 and is from W&T Avery which was a manufacturer of Apothicary Scales in England. The weight is small, about the size of a half dime and is made of brass.

The second item is a brass ring, with a heart for the main decoration. This is the oldest ring that I have ever found. Everything that I have found in this field predates 1870.

The third set of items is a grouping of buttons. One has a Lion design much like those that you see on Family Crests with the Lion raring up on its hind feet. The second button is a Fleur De Lis design and the thirds is a flower button.

The last item is a really neat little hand made one piece brass button that is shaped like a mushroom and is hand decorated with metal etchings. This little button is tiny. The coin next to it is a Seated Liberty Dime for comparison. This is a really nice and unique button with the shank intact.

I hunt this field twice yearly and it always turns up nice things.

Attachments

• ApothWeight1.JPG
    ApothWeight1.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 513
  • ApothWeight2.JPG
    ApothWeight2.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 507
  • Colonial Ring.JPG
    Colonial Ring.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 546
  • 3 buttons.JPG
    3 buttons.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 556
  • MushroomButton1.JPG
    MushroomButton1.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 537
  • MushroomButton2.JPG
    MushroomButton2.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 542
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONLY TWICE A YEAR! ??? Wow! You have certainly found some fantastic items there!

Congrats on that hunt! Awesome! Nana :)

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I've never seen a coppa like that. You have a great Colonial site there! :thumbsup:

Kyle

OP
OP
DaChief

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody. Zoyboy, this is a field of dreams type field. It has given up some Rev. War items, lots of 1812 items, a Rectangular CSA Atlanta Plate, a Snake Buckle, a Pre Civil War U.S. Rectangular Shoulder Plate which is very rare, countless flat buttons, , numerous personal items like rings and brooches, and some really good coins to include many Large Cents, Seated Silver, a One Dollar Gold Coin and the Spanish Coin in my earlier post. The farmer only lets me in there twice a year but he has just plowed each time and new stuff comes to the top each time. Great place, I have been hunting it for about 17 years.

Jim (DaChief)

JJS NEW ENGLAND

Jun 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER SE-- B.H LEGACY 3300 WITH 11 INCH DD COIL
I WOULD TAKE THOSE FINDS ANY DAY . HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread