6-4-05 FINDS

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Well, I couldn't stand it any longer......husband and son's were going fishing so I grabbed my son's cheapo BH Pioneer (since Minelab is still holding my MD hostage) and went with them. Detected up by the road and shoulder. Didn't find much as the digging was hard, at least until hubby came to help with the "big" shovel. Found 1q; 3d; and 1p (I think). The penny is so corroded I'm going to try and soak it in olive oil. Also found some beer bottle caps, alum. foil, some kind of wire thingy, and hubby found some sunglasses laying on top of the ground. The oldest coin was a 1971 dime. Not much but it helped bring down the addiction shakes a notch. Was surprised the cheapo machine did so well! No pics as you guys have seen it all before.

vicki

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know you got to be feeling a little better! ;) If only a couple of hours......just a few coins..... :D

I know how you feel! :D

Nana ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal,

sounds like everyone had fun!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

Boy I know that bare naked feeling having to send off the detector for repair. I cringe just thinking about it. Gotta love the extra machine though ;D. What happened to yours? Glad you got out though. HH

KngFhearts

Apr 1, 2005
CA
Often you will find that a "cheapie" machine will do well in the hands of a seasoned Pro. Congrats, and hope you get your machine back soon.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I've been using a 50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and key lime juice to clean, went thru a coffee cup full of clad that I have found last week or so. And ended up finding 4 Wheaties, 49 d, 36 s, 40, 29.. one 1928 buffalo, and a 43 s nickle that I thought was all clad they were so dirty.

OP
OP
vic910

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Hi all - thanks for all the smiles!

Don't really know what's wrong with MD. From day one, I was never able to calibrate the VDI thingy. The thing you plug the coil wire into was really loose; the coil kept falling out of the shaft; the box would go into this foghorn sound and wouldn't stop until you banged on the box; then it started "chirping" and then that wouldn't stop even if you banged on the box. Then I called Minelab to see what the status of it was, and they said they hadn't even looked at it because they had to do inventory!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH! I really don't like the fact that they have the MD and have no tracking number or work order or something to be able to follow up on with. I put a letter inside the box detailing what was wrong with it, etc., but if that letter gets separated from the MD, how are they going to know who the detector belongs to????

Hey Dano----------Does it have to be "key" lime juice??? Or can I use regular lime juice??

KngFHearts - Thanks for the complement, but i have way too much to learn to consider myself a seasoned pro!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread