omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Re: URBAN EXPLORATION/INFLATION

SHERMANVILLE*ILL said:
Into artifact/relic hunting more than coin shooting.? Enjoy the research/history. etc. of old or forgotten places.? Once on site I do use detector to check on the area.

Got into what some call Urban Exploration; old deserted buildings that are usually closed to the public.? These two shots are of the Manteno State Hospital, Illinois which is closed and now only 7-8 buildings being used as a Veterans Hospital.? They are starting to tear down the builiings but if you put on a hard hat and walk around they think you belong and usually do not bother you.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS
That's funny because it's true! I worked at a job for 6 months just walking around with a clipboard! I made $12.00/hour doing nothing! Long but funny story! LOL!

miss_anthrope

Re: URBAN EXPLORATION/INFILTRATION

SHERMANVILLE*ILL said:
Into artifact/relic hunting more than coin shooting. Enjoy the research/history. etc. of old or forgotten places. Once on site I do use detector to check on the area.

Got into what some call Urban Exploration; old deserted buildings that are usually closed to the public. These two shots are of the Manteno State Hospital, Illinois, this last winter, which is closed and now only 7-8 buildings being used as a Veterans Hospital. They are starting to tear down the builiings but if you put on a hard hat and walk around they think you belong and usually do not bother you.

Anyone else into this type of activity...I think they call it tresspessing.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Isn't it great? I got the opportunity to troll around Worcester State Hospital in MA - my stepdad was on security and let me into a few buildings that had been closed for a few decades - mega creepy! But incredible. A few years back they had a major fire in one of the empty buildings (it's still a state hospital), and I can't get down there as much, but lots of fun. (OK, so for me it was "legal" trespassing? My stepdad made me a state hospital staff ID "just in case" ::lol::)

F

Floater

Sounds like my tax dollars hard at work to me. Have at it and bring the detector with ya next time. Hell they will probably think your from the gas company . ;D It is kinda creepy though. The halls of a hospital wierd me out let alone a mental hospital. Then again my wife says i'm sick anyway. LOL :D :D

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003

You wouldn't want to do that if you have seen the 1999 version of "House on Haunted Hill"

!!!!

M

mattjd

I went into a Hospital in PA called Dixmont Hospital. For mental people and stuff. Really creepy place. I think they just recently tore it down. The hospital was so big it looked like a city almost!Sorry no pics!!! HH

Matt

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That looks like a good place to do a little metal detecting, except for the snow.
I hope these pics weren't taken recently.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread