sun and sand

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
Started out at a local park because yesterday I noticed a lot of people playing volleyball, checked out the volleyball sandpits and only found a few coins and a plastic dump truck buried in the sand. I gave the plastic dump truck to some small kids playing nearby, checked with the parents first to see if it was okay. Decided to check out the pretty good size sandbox, kept finding penny after penny, while I'm digging in the sandbox , a little nine-year-old girl was watching with a lot of interest. So I let her take all the pennies out of the scoop and keep them, after she would get about 10 pennies she would bring them to her parents to keep and would come back for more! Went to a catholic school Park next and checked out all the woodchips around the playground equipment, I thought that the coins or whatever falls out into the woodchips would only be just under the chips.But I decided to check some deeper signals in the hard packed dirt under the woodchips and was surprised to find some coins and the ring in there, lesson learned dig deep.Both of the rings are cheap kids rings, another great day in the sun!

Attachments

• sun6-5.jpg
    sun6-5.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Are you sure that the dolphin ring isn't silver?

Those catholic & christian school playgrounds are always good for some jewelry.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
congrats on good finds, and good lesson learned sometimes you need to dig below the mulch line as there are goodies that were there before the new playground was placed
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
carpel

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
No markings at all on the inside of the dolphin ring.

Attachments

• dolff.jpg
    dolff.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 170
  • dolfr.jpg
    dolfr.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 168

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread