Andrew Jackson button found

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I did a bit of field hunting and only got two flat buttons and some bullets. Upon cleaning the buttons I discovered one of them was a Jackson Political button saying "JACKSONS VICTORY" on the back side of the button, Albert's PC78. This was my third Political button I have found, the other two being Whig party slogan button from 1830's.

Don

Attachments

• Jacksons Victorybutton.jpg
    Jacksons Victorybutton.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 947
Upvote 0

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding find Don! That is a true piece of history. Congrats!

Kent

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice button, I love finding those early 1800's flat buttons. To hold a button from a old cellar hole or Field is as good as going back into time for that very moment. You can actually see a younge man with the buttons on his shirt trying to make it through the brush.

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way. It happens with real old coins to. It brings me back in time for a moment. That is one of the best feelings in this hobby.

HH Jeremy

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ? ? WOW!!? Great find!!
? ? Any idea of it's value?? ?I agree with JerDfx, sometimes a find will mentaly transport me back.
My girlfriend says there's no need, that i'm a little mentaly back now. What does she know.
Love that feeling of touching the past. WTG!! HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

HH

Lonewolfe

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
COOL FIND DON,love that old Andy,TENN,MAN.I agree with you Jer,tho's old relics takes you back.HH

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That's very cool. :o That's the kind of stuff that makes me want to not throw my MD in the closet. Where did you find that? I ask not for the specific place, but rather for a general idea of where things like that can be found.

J

JackRussell

that is a real cool find!!! never seen anything like it before!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread