This weeks been good to me...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
It's been a very good week for me. We found another sweet spot in the old hunted out park :)
I 've been getting out around sunrise in order to get any hunting in. The pic below shows the results
of three different hunts this week for a total of about 4-1/2 hours. My hunting parter & I were trying
to figure out a place to go and realize that no-one out of our group has ever been over by the playground
area, or the shelter house, in this particular park... None of the coins I found were over 6" deep, can't wait
to get out there and find the deepies... This area sits off in a little corner by itself, and for some reason it
just kept getting overlooked...

The total for the week was:
1945 Washington (Q), 1910 Barber (D), 1919, 1937, 1940, 1943d, 1944 Mercury (D), 1898 IH, & 11 Wheaties...
I see a lot of you have found some interesting stuff this week. Congrats to us all...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

P.S.> I think my cheapo web cam has been dropped, it don't seem to be in too good of focus these days...

Attachments

• 060805.JPG
    060805.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 434
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds leon!! That was a good week indeed! WTG!

F

Floater

Very nice take so far Leon. At six inches or less your right,some really good stuff could be lower. A good Rain might help too if its dry or wait till they water the grass. Yea it looks like the Focus is a little whacked out. Thanks for pointing that out, I thought it was just too much coffee this morning as usual. ;D LOL HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!

Nice haul,

hh

Lonewolfe

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
That is a nice weeks diggin Leon,Great finds. Floater made a good point.Have had some good rains this last week and my digs have been deep and good.HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Leon! ;)

Nana ;)

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all....
Good point, Floater... We were thinking the same thing, it's almost as dry as an old popcorn fart around here at the moment...
I think a good hard rain, would bring all the little Indians out to play... ;D

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great week Leon! Congrats on all those sweet coins! Now, go back and get those deeper ones! HH!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful silver you got, the Barber looks great! Now where'd ya say you're hunting at? ;D

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
VERY NICE-- LEON ;)
19 coins in 4hrs-- thats a great hunt!! That averages a keeper every 14 minutes--You must be goin back soon--Heck.. I getta keeper about every 14 HOURS! I need a spot like that -- Theres probably a deep 1/2 eagle there waitin for you!! Good Luck

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice digs, That's a good week anytime of the year. Don't you just love to still go to a local park and dig some nice stuff from others who have looked over it for many years. You start to think how much was really in a park when you hit one of these little nooks.

Keep up the good work.

HH Jeremy

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
resurector said:
? VERY NICE-- LEON ;)
? ? 19 coins in 4hrs-- thats a great hunt!! That averages a keeper every 14 minutes--You must be goin back soon--Heck.. I getta keeper about every 14 HOURS! I need a spot like that -- Theres probably a deep 1/2 eagle there waitin for you!! Good Luck

Wow!,,, I never thought of it like that... Thats a pretty good average... Wish I had more days like that one...
My hunting partners have been hitting this particular park for a few years now. They have pulled a ton of silver out of it already, and I personally have pulled out about 10 pieces myself over the past year... All the parks here around Indy seem to all be about the same... There is a lot of fill dirt all over, but every now & then you can hit some old ground... Hope ya all find a sweet spot for your next hunt...

P.S.> I run into a few gentlemen at a local soccer field last week who had just gotten back into the hobby after being out of it for about 20 years...
I told them about TreasureNet, If you guys are out there come on in and join the fun...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread