Its pretty sad when you find things like this in a kids playground area.......

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
It's pretty sad when you find things like this in a kids playground area.......

Went out this evening to a small sand playground area i have hunted before thinking it would be nice to find a car of sorts or something. Big suprise was when i started to find the bullets. they were all in the same area. I hunted it till i was sure there wasn't any more for some little kid to find or something. Whats worse is it might have been some little kid that had them to begin with. Just goes to show you that some little kid instead of grabbing a toy car they would reather play with bullets... sad well HH folk

Attachments

• park june 10th 2005.jpg
    park june 10th 2005.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: It's pretty sad when you find things like this in a kids playground area.......

glad you got those away from the kids playground. i sure dont want my kids playing with guns, bullets and knives. keep on digging !!!

buudman

Mar 31, 2005
phila.pa
Re: It's pretty sad when you find things like this in a kids playground area.......

HATE 2 SAY THIS BUT IT SEEMS 2 BE THE WAY THIS COUNTRY IS HEADING. SAD

BUD.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado

Ammo at parks and school grounds is very common. I find it all the time. I had a Principal at a school come out and tell he really didn't want anybody digging on school grounds, when I showed him a 9mm live round and some 22's he said Go right ahead!!

J

Joe (Memphis)

That's nothin' wait till you find one of thease! Comes up as big honkin rifle on my 1350 ;D

Attachments

• 82A1_04.jpg
    82A1_04.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 234

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I found some bullets in a Volleyball pit! (Hollow points)

Attachments

• sadfaces.jpg
    sadfaces.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 214
  • sadfaces.jpg
    sadfaces.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 223

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina

I know its upsetting might mouse we find bullets, both spent and unspent on all to regular basis up here in playgrounds all so find knives, busted glass, nails and other nastys in the playground, I have remarked more than once that I wouldnt want my kids getting hurt in these places. Good job for getting them out of there
hh
dave+bobbie

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado

I just found 3 22's in an elementary school today, 2 spent 1 live round. If a kid finds this how many do you think will hit it with a rock? Pretty damned.... good ammo for MDing and cleaning up school grounds

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Re: It's pretty sad when you find things like this in a kids playground area....

It was just probably some kid out plinking earlier, and had a pocket full of .22's when he hung upside down on the monkey bars or something.. The only danger bullets are to kids is generally caused by parent induced ignorance.. Any kid that has some basic firearms education is usually the voice of reason and caution in the playground informing the kids who's parents feel that when it comes to firearms, the plan is always 'keep em ignorant, keep em safe'.... After all, it's worked so well for sex hasn't it? :'(

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Re: It's pretty sad when you find things like this in a kids playground area....

SEE thats what happens when you "keep em ignorant keep em safe" LIFE..
after all, accidents do cause people... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread