FIRST COIN CACHE IN 33-YEARS !!!

christ-first

Mar 20, 2008
Sweet Home Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Hello everybody. I’m new to this site. I took my two sons (8 and 4) out to the local playground this afternoon to do a little detecting. This is the first time I have been detecting in 2-years. Things were going kind of slow in the sand area when all of the sudden I received a really good signal, looked down and saw two pennies sticking up out of the sand. My boys raked the sand away with the digger and wow !!! there was my first coin cache in 33 years of metal detecting. It was a worn-out plastic zip-lock bag with approximately 200 pennies in it ! My boys thought that was the coolest thing in the world. My 4-year old immediately said “hey Dad, is this enough to go to Disney world with ?” Needless to say, my 8-year old is already asking for his own detector. Just a little background on my treasure hunting career : my dad bought my first detector for me when I was 10-years old. He died from cancer when I was 13. During the short time we spent detecting together, we managed to find quite a bit of old silver, buffalo nickels, Indian head and wheat cents, tokens, etc. After he died, It took several years for me to pick it back up, but I finally did. I ended up getting into the local Treasure hunting club and it was a lot of fun for the first few months, then things went sour real quick. Every month, the club had a competition for most silver coins, oldest coin, best relic, best military relic and best jewelry find. Every month I ended up placing first in at least three of those categories and the charter members didn’t like that very much. Needless to say, it didn’t take long for them to push me out of that club. That ruined my interest in the hobby for several years. For some reason, I have always had a knack at finding the really good spots and always had good luck securing permission without any problems. Anyway, one day when I have more time, I will post some pics of some of my finds from previous years. Till then.

Attachments

• COIN CACHE.JPG
    COIN CACHE.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,788
Upvote 0

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
How "sweet" for your kids!!! That's special!! Yeah, somebody lost it, but somebody ellllllllse found it!! ;D What an incentive-maker! Find yourself some other MDers than those in the "club" and take your boys and have fun! Do come back and post some of your other finds. We're all amateurs here, even the professionals. We LOVE to see finds!! And get those boys some detectors of their own! Thanks so much for sharing... -Noodle

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats too on your n your boys first cache, it all adds up...dont worry bout that old club, just jump on in here and have a great time and show us your finds..

Welcome to tnet too..

HH
Booty

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Eh... who needs clubs when ya got two boys to hunt with and all of us to share your finds with! I take my two boys with me also (10 & 4). Glad to hear you didn't quit, your boys will prosper from it. Congrats.

coolbeans

Apr 11, 2007
san antonio texas
Detector(s) used
whites...dfx- D2- sunray..dx-1 whites...beach hunter id 300 garrett..ace..250 bullseye..II
just like you have great memorys of th'ing with your dad, so will your kids. and thats what its all about isnt it! :thumbsup:

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
There is nothing better than spending quality time with your kids. my daughters love to dig any/everything . I hope you continue to T hunt with them.

Acevillav 8)

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your find & welcome to TNet. It's nice when you can get out with the kids and have a good time. Enjoy them while you can because they grow up fast.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your name. Congrats on the cache. :thumbsup:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of fun!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that cache and welcome to the forum :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread