Bought the 250 today..

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
After a lot of searching, seemed to me that Kellyco was the way to go with buying the ACE 250. It came with a lot of free accessories and free shipping. However, I wondered whether a scoop comes with it? For anyone else that has bought an ACE series or anything from Kellyco, are scoops extra or just part of the package? Any help would be great.

...can't wait to be hunting!...

-hunter

Upvote 0
P

Pooley

dont know about the accessories, I bought the 250 from Kellyco but did not opt for the so called freebies. Its a coin finding machine. You will not be sorry for that purchase.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wild Boulder Bill said:
I think every metal detector I've seen the scoops are extra, but they change the accessory package all the time.

I agree!

HH

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 314
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 316

b1pw3ha

May 17, 2005
Pittsburgh-Pa
I just bought my ace 250 from them a few weeks ago. You don't get a free scoop. That is extra. Oh by the way you will love this machine. It's easy for a N00B to use. I was finding coins on the side of my house with it 30 seconds after I fired it up. Congrats on your purchase of a great machine

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my ACE250 from a Garrett dealer on ebay for $199. It came with 2 books, batteries, headphones, a carry bag, and a coin pouch, plus free shipping. The scoop is probably extra, but it's well worth it, as they are invaluable when hunting sandy beaches! The ACE250 is a great machine, and I know you'll be pleased with it. The only thing I could reccomend to you is replacing the headphones. The ACE Sport Phones it comes with are small, walkman type headphones. The fall off your head easily (I broke mine by stepping on them after they fell off while I was digging), and are not volume adjustable, and boy are they LOUD when you hit a solid target. After I broke mine, I went to a local Whites dealer and picked up an inexpensive pair of Vanco headphones, the full size kind with dual adjustable volume control, for $24.99, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! That is the only complaint I had with this machine, and I know you'll be happy with it!! Good luck and Happy Hunting!!

OP
OP
hbeaton

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I have a pair of Sony studio headphones that i use in my mp3 player. Is the headphone jack in the 250 compatible with most headphones or do MD's like the ACE series require special MD-style headphones?

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hi all, I purchased mine from Kellyco via Ebay. It included many freebies but no scoop. You will absolutely love this machine. If you want coins, it'll get them for sure!!! ;D
HH
Greg

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDs still use tihe old fashioned 1/4" ear phone jacks. I looked high and low for set but all I could find was the small ones now in use. Your best bet is a MD store or online MD dealer. JIM

F

Floater

Welcome Hunter. You wont be dissapointed . Head phones are a must and if you dont get the digger hit the depot for a cheapie untill you figure out what type you like. or want. If your hunting sand then you will need a sand scoop. Looking forward to your finds and Pics. HH

LostBoy

Jun 14, 2005
jimmileo said:
MDs still use tihe old fashioned 1/4" ear phone jacks.? I looked high and low for set but all I could find was the small ones now in use.? Your best bet is a MD store or online MD dealer.? JIM

Ya might want to check a radio shack as well, they used to sell convertor jacks from big to small plug. Make sure if your jack is stereo or mono on detector too. That way you can use most any headphone you want. Mines a single phone one like a McDonalds employee minus the mic of course.

I'm new to this hobby. Got my 250 bout 3 weeks ago. Soon as it stops rainin and I get the courage to tell wife bout the detector I tearin into my lot. Double wide alley to curb same house on it since 1898. Only change was a garage in the 50's. I have high hopes, neighbors said it was one family couple generatons worth before me. Heard stories bout the old lady tendin her gardens (they are still all over here. Plus a pretty credible story bout how they had money that wasn't accounted for. If I find anything good I'll let ya know, unless it makes me fabulously wealthy ;D.......

OP
OP
hbeaton

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I finally got the 250 in the mail today andcouldn't wait to try it out. However, I have a few questions seeing as how my first hunt went. I wasn't sure what settings to have the 250 on such as the disrimination, all metal versus coin shooting, the use of the ELIM button, sensativity meter, etc. I believe part of the problem was the area I was digging in. The yard had lots of iron type rocks and sediments etc. I would get hits that would say something like a silver piece at 6 inches but I would never find that, it would usually be junk.

I never found any coins even when it said there were coins so I believe i'm doing something wrong. Also, when the 250 detects what appears to be a coin and I then use the pinpointer to find where it is, where does the pinging noise come from? Is it the top of the coil or is the middle part where it meets the MD shaft? The little Garrett booklet was only somewhat helpful so im hoping you guys know more.

As always, I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Hunter

T

T-Rex

No sweat, you can get all the extras like headphones and pinpointers for a fraction of what KellyCo would charge you... and if you're real patient and check ebay frequently you can get some great deals...

BTW - Aardvark on ebay = KellyCo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread