TWICE IN A LIFETIME FIND...8 REALE!!!!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This in one of those "I was on my way back to the car" finds!! I decided to duck out of work a little early today and hit a field nearby where I had recently obtained permission. There was really nothing to lead me to believe that something was there but it looked like a good area. I had hunted for a couple hours with only a single musketball to show for it. There wasn't a lot of trash on the site so I wasn't really digging much either. I decided I was going to head back to the car and try another field which had just been cut (very early hay crop). I was on my way back to the car when I got a 92 on the F75. I swung by the hole a couple times and it stayed on a steady 92...never had a 92 before...I thought it must be a can or something...same thing I thought the last time I dug A FRIGGING 8 REALE!!!!

I popped the plug and there it was! I knew what it was instantly! I did not have my camera with me but I did have my cell phone so I snapped a couple quick insitus with the camera phone and a quick movie on the way home in the car. I kept the caked on dirt on the coin until I got home because I didn't want to risk scratching it.

A Mexico mint 1774 8 reale...without a huge distracting scar like the last 8 reale I dug! I was so excited on the field that I tried calling Mel, Andy and Iron Patch but I could not connect through 411 and I didn't have a pen to write down the numbers...I actually tried remembering the numbers but I couldn't concentrate...just too excited. I know I should have stayed and continued on with the field but when I am this stoked I can't concentrate on anything. Plus I want to keep it pure for a couple fellow detectorists...there are several who will be getting the invite...

Attachments

• 8realedirt.jpg
    8realedirt.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5,371
  • 8realedirt2.jpg
    8realedirt2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,374
  • 8reale.jpg
    8reale.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5,333
  • 8reale2.jpg
    8reale2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 5,332
Upvote 2
OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimb said:
I don't think you live in Kansas. do you! That is a grate find! There is hope for the rest of us. Some times at outdoor flea markets people selling coins and tokens loose one or two.

Nope, not in Kansas and this was definitely not a flea market loss! Found in a cow pasture...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread