Fros Used Cars

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Fro's Used Cars

Hello out there all you suckers..er.. I mean Customers.. yeah, that's what I meant to say.. "Customers". Come One, Come All ! Come on down to Fro's Used Cars and pick yourself up a bargain today! We've got Everything anyone could ever want in the way of vehicles. Take a stroll through the lot and see if what you want isn't what we've Got!

<laughing>

Hi everyone. Just having a little fun today, or trying. I had to take another day off from work to make sure my better half was well taken care of in a time of illness. We had a doctor's appointment to keep this morning and, well, just treatment and recovery I guess. Part of the treatment is for her to get lots of quiet and rest. She's doing that right now, peacefully making all kinds of racket upstairs sleeping on the couch. <Oh No I DIDn'T!> I did *NOT* say she was snoring.. even if she is. <wink>
Anyway. Aside from taking over some of the everyday household chores, cleaning, laundry etc. I stumbled upon one of the buckets that I've been tossing found items from metal detecting into. This bucket happened to contain an assortment of toy cars and trucks that I've unearthed or discovered while out detecting over the last year or so. I've seen other folks post their "car lots" on here from time to time and got a kick out of seeing them, so I though what the heck, I'll share mine as well. In a small way they do classify as "Today's Finds".. cause I found them while cleaning..er.. ok.. RE-found them maybe. <sheepish grin> Ok.. so back to the Huckstering..er.. commercial..

... That's Right folks, we got what you want, even if you don't know what you want. Just come on down and have a look... rows after rows of vehicles of all makes models and madness.

6-4-08 002deer.jpg

Right up front here we have some slightly used but still GO FAST Nascar Racers..

6-6-08 002Fro\'s Used Cars.jpg

We've got some EXTREME Fast machines that someone might just want to burn up the track with..

6-6-08 003nascar.jpg

Next we have you a selection of Funny Cars and Dragsters, if you preffer the short track.

6-6-08 004extreme.jpg

Why we even have this one little Lemon colored Formula One Racer.. and even have a pace car!

6-6-08 005dragsters.jpg

What's that you say? You like fast cars but are not into actual race cars? Well check out this fine selection of HOT Street cars! We have both Imports and Domestics..

6-6-08 006formula1.jpg

Still not seeing what you like? Perhaps you would be interested in an SUV or even a motorcycle?

6-6-08 007Imports.jpg

Perhaps you've had your eye out for a nice late model pick up truck. We have some nice models to choose from..

6-6-08 002SUVs.jpg

Are you a Handy Man type who's looking for a little DO IT YOURSELF fixer-uppper?.. check out these repo's and Kit cars..

6-6-08 008trucks.jpg

Ok Ok Ok.. So you are still not satisfied, maybe you're not looking for a car at all then. Maybe you're looking for an all around work horse for the farm? Check out this baby..

6-6-08 002Uniques.jpg

Say WHAT??? You STILL didn't see anything you liked? Well Buddy have I got just the animal for YOU! It's a real "work horse" !

6-4-08 002deer.jpg

Yeah.. that's what I thought. *sigh* And, NO! that is NOT a family resemblance to me. <grin>

Tell ya what I'm gonna do. Today, JUST for YOU. I'm going to just Keep looking out there till I find just the vehicle you're looking for. Check back in from time to time and see if you can find something you take a liking to. Y'all come back now! Ya Hear?

<rolling on the floor laughing>

Happy Hunting Everyone !

Frodov

Attachments

• 6-6-08 001DONkey.jpg
    6-6-08 001DONkey.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 604
Upvote 0

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
Re: Fro's Used Cars

Fro,

Your posts are always a pleasant break.

Prayers for your wife. Hang in there.

Old_Okie

badoscar

Aug 2, 2007
Anywhere U.S.A

Plehblah, that is great and I am glad you do that, but for those of us who find these, especially if you are a guy really is a great experience. We grew up and played with them and trashed them as we did. I am glad when they are dug and shown.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OK, OK. How much for that sexy tractor, Fro? ;D :wink:

Hope your wife is feeling better. :)

Great post! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frodov, That is hysterical ! Man if you weren't so busy MD-ing , You could be writing comedy full time.

Blessings and prayers to you and your wife . Thanks for your humor. Gregory, Santa Fe.

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself

speaking about that John Deer, i have found a few myself. LoL!

Captain Clad

Sep 13, 2007
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 505, White's Bullseye II

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Fro, you are my hero -- love your posts almost as much as my wife does! And after 20 yrs in the car business, this one was great - 'specially the opening line, pretty close to the truth in some cases!!

And my wife, aka Admiral Abuse, says for you sir, a great big :thumbsup: for taking care of the wife first - we both hope she feels better soon!

Any truth to the rumor that we'll all soon be visiting "FRO'S POP-TOP MUSEUM"??

Thanks for keeping us all entertained, and happy hunting!!

The Captain & Admiral

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used

Captain Clad said:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Fro, you are my hero -- love your posts almost as much as my wife does! And after 20 yrs in the car business, this one was great - 'specially the opening line, pretty close to the truth in some cases!!

And my wife, aka Admiral Abuse, says for you sir, a great big :thumbsup: for taking care of the wife first - we both hope she feels better soon!

Any truth to the rumor that we'll all soon be visiting "FRO'S POP-TOP MUSEUM"??

Thanks for keeping us all entertained, and happy hunting!!

The Captain & Admiral

Thank you for the concern, the accolades and the interest in the drivel that I write...er.. type.. whatever.
My wife is still recovering from her latest "episode" of her illness, but feeling much better. Thanks again. AS far as a "Pop-Top Musuem".. hmmm.. never really thought of that before. I don't know that I could actually fill out much of a display..yet.. of different and various pull tabs, pop tops and bottle caps. Lord knows I've found a LOT of them, but probably not nearly enough to make a "museum" of them yet. <grin> I do have this little idea in the back of my head for a bit of personal "jewelry" that I'd like to make or have made for me. With all the single earrings and rings and other "bling" that I've found over the past year or so, *(gold and or silver)* I'd like to have a couple of "pull tabs" made to wear on a chain around my kneck. Of course, only another metal detector enthusiast would get the joke. <grin>

I'll think over the idea of the pop top museum. Chances are, however, that someone else already has one in the making.

Happy Hunting Everyone !

Frodov

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

Nice cars, although I too leave them out for the kids to find and play with. I just feel that they don't do any good sitting in a box with other junk. I always find them in the sandboxes, give them a good slam to release all the sand inside, and then leave them on the edge of the sandbox.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Neat post Frodov,
It's always nice looking back into those buckets seeing all the items (treasures) we have recovered and forgotten about...
Thanks for sharing... I hope your wife gets to feeling better soon...
Good luck, & happy hunting~

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used

twistidd said:
Nice cars, although I too leave them out for the kids to find and play with. I just feel that they don't do any good sitting in a box with other junk. I always find them in the sandboxes, give them a good slam to release all the sand inside, and then leave them on the edge of the sandbox.
I too often leave other things found while metal detecting.. for others to find. Somethings, however, I make a concerted effort to get rid of, or at least dispose of properly. Such as? Lighters.. disposable cigarette lighters that is,You'd be amazed at how many I find in playgrounds and around the parks, most of them still working even. SHEESH! Then there are those nice little box cutter blades, steak knives? BUTCHER KNIVES.. well ok, I've only found ONE butcher knife, but still.. in a playground? Fish hooks. Matches. (rank right up there with lighters) live ammunition! I've found several LIVE unfired bullets over the past year or so.. they were all but one 22 caliber shells, the one exception being an unfired 12 gauge shotgun shell.
With the shotgun shell, disposal was very convenient. There just so happened to be a mounted police patrol going through the park that afternoon and I waved them over to give them the shell and tell them where I had found it. I later found out that a home not far from the park had been burglarized, and while the burgles (theifs) didn't manage to get out with any of the home owner's gun collection (under lock and key in a safe) they did manage to get several boxes of ammunition. Perhaps I happened to find one of those?
But yeah, balls, jump ropes, clothing, dolls, etc, all stuff anyone who detects in or around playgrounds and parks, I generally leave for someone else to find.. or re-find. The toy cars and such though, <shrug> Never considered it till now. I guess there's just a remnant of my childhood still in me that says "OH COOL! A CAR!" <grinning> In reality though, after I've tallied up my finds, taken any pictures for my posts I usually put them in my buckets of finds. My wife suggested, and I concurred, that I should donate them to goodwill when we make our annual donation of clothing, etc. Hey.. that way, not only does some child or children get to play with these treasures again somewhere down the road, but I get a nice little (drop in the bucket) tax credit as well. <grin> Oh.. did I mention that I kind of like cleaning up those orphaned toys that I find?, yeah, soaking them in water to loosen up the dirt, sand and mud, picking out the grass roots (as best I can) from the wheels and interiors, straitening out any bent wheels or what not.
I find it therapeutic in a way. Hey, whatever works!

Happy Hunting Everyone !

Frodov

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Frodov,
How much for the red"classic" in the fix-ur-up section? Clad of course.lol
Another awesome writeup my friend.