Start your engines!!!! VROOM!!!! First Car Cache! :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
So today was a nice sunday day. I woke up around 12:00pm and really wanted to go metal detecting. I knew that I had to study for finals which I still have not done. I am procrastinating which is bad. But I looked up on the internet to see a nearby playground that I could hunt. I got directions to the park and drove down to Issaquah which was the city next to me. I wanted to hunt at Veterans Memorial Park which is in the historic side of issaquah and would contain silver. Anyways when I got there, there was a baseball game going on in the field that I had wanted to hunt and kids were playing on the playground. So, I decided to take my hunting elsewhere.

I drove a couple of blocks down to where a Issaquah Middle school was. No one was in sight! :) I was like yes! I drove in and started to get out my Minelab Explorer SE. Now as I was walking up to the enterance of the school, I had noticed that there was not many places to hunt around the school. I started at the Left side of the front door by the dirt and where old trees stood. My first 5 hits were 3 pennies, Dime, and a Nickel. The area that I was hunting in was filled with trash so I had to keep my digs to a minimal.

Since I am still learning how to pinpoint it was hard for me to get the exact spot where the targets where. I started walking around a tree that looked promising for old coins. The pennies that I got were 1962, and 1963 pennies, so I figured that there must be silver in this area. Anyways back to the tree. I got a hit that read a Silver Coin on my Minelab Explorer SE. I tried to pinpoint it and was unsuccessfull. I started to dig and out popped a green truck. I was like wow! That was not a silver coin at all. But there were still more signals comming in the whole! The next 20 minutes were spent recovering numerous parts from the toy cars and 3-4 bodies of the actual toy car. I had discovered a little kids car cache which he must of burried before school and forgot to come back for it after school had ended.

Anyways, after an hour hunting I decided to go home. Didn't get many coins as I did at the beach yesterday. But I sure got a cache of Cars! :) :thumbsup:

I truley love my Minelab Explorer SE and what it can do! :) :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: YAY! :thumbsup:

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread