OLD LOT STILL GIVIN LOTS-

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Had been busy with work for the last week, but finally made it back to the old home-site to do a little bottle/detectin and since then there had been a little more of the bottle bank cleared and clear signs of recent diggins. Its the weekend and the contractor and crew were not on-site and it was rainin pretty good so I decided to dig the bank for bottles and if it was unproductive, hit the lot with my detector.But knowin theres lots of goodies in dumps and that the diggers that had been here had no detector, I looked at all the spread out dirt the rain had smoothed out the clumps, I started down the bank with my discrimination cranked up pretty high due to the massive iron trash there.Wasn't long before I got a good signal that turned out to be a large(I've been told ) steam-donkey wrench, probin the hole I found a cool corker thats embossed "acid line".It surprised me that there was any bottles left here.So it was a good sign. My next signal in the area thats newly cleared was a Smitty Toy truck cab,boy its pretty thrashed but go on E-Bay and look at Smitty Toy trucks!! There worth some serious cash. And now I was hopin to find a whole toy.But my next find was a John Wyeth square amber gin bottle that the base was visible as I swept around the edge of the clearing.After retrieving it I got a signal and out came a old masons cutting chisel. Farther down the bank I got what my machine calls BRASS?COPPER signal , dug down to find a strange bottle but my signal disappeared.Cleaning out the bottle i found my signal... a brass bolt the size of your thumb was in the muck in the bottle!! The bottle is embossed GOBLIN and I think its a early juice.Well it started really pourin so I called it a day.But I shall return......resurector

Attachments

• botts cropd.jpg
    botts cropd.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 287
  • bott zm crpd.jpg
    bott zm crpd.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 282
  • truk crpd.jpg
    truk crpd.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs!

I'd hit that place HARD again, and again!

HH

Lonewolfe

D

diggit

Wow! That site seems like a lot of fun! I love the truck cab.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
WOW! Those are real nice finds you have there

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! That lot is loaded with stuff.Its going to keep you busy for quite some time.HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool finds!!!
I love that old truck cab,,, totally awesome....
As for the wrench,,, I'm not exactally sure what kind they are, but I have several of them that were handed down from my great grandfather,,, I think... They always told me they were for an old model T, but you know how things get changed around through the years...
Good luck on your return tip,,, looks like an awesome site...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread