Calvert store dig 06/15 pics and video

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I went and spent 4 hrs sifting and digging today, The finds are getting harder as we have gotten all the easy ones. The new sifter worked Great and saved alot of Backache but still needs some fine tuning. Got a Half dime, and some other keepers. Sorry my videos arent the greatest, I really need to learn to edit.

Attachments

• 06 15 08.JPG
    06 15 08.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,218
Upvote 0

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Cool video thanks for sharing.... Nice finds as well.. Good job..... Now that's what I call a fun house!!!Or fun store :thumbsup:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be so curious when your all done with this awesome site on the grand finale totals of everything.. what a dream site and hard work on that one, but.. thats why we're here.. to git er done, git dirty and have fun, course finding a few goodies makes it even better.. thanks for sharing and I loved your video too. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Apparently one of the desindents has found the youtube video and has been emailing me pics and info of the original owner. Also she has giving me info on the bread token I found in the store with C.O. Shelander and sons on it
Its a shame the majority of these stores are under concrete floors now.
The Tokens are now as important to me as the coins are.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been one outstanding finds story. Excellent.

Ken

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Albert, I knew you were going to find a half dime there! Great job on the video, buddy! :thumbsup:

Kyle

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
I use 100% lemon juice concentrate in a ultrasonic cleaner, then if they still need help I use a buffing wheel on a dromel tool with polishing compound for the silvers, for the nickles pennies and tokens I use a alum or brass brush on the drommel tool.
If I ever find a high dollar coin i'll send it in to have cleaned.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TC,

The video was outstanding, the finds are awesome. I know it was hot, dry, dusty shifting through all that dirt, but the thrill of finding all those treasures makes up for it.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Now that I 'm digging and sifting some Bottles are coming up also. This is a nice Wotten wells minreal bottle with embosing that says Wotten wells Mineral water, Bottled at Wottan wells Tex. by wottan wells co, A Blood Purifier, Tonic Diuretic, Laxitive and appetizer. A petty cool Bottle Any Ides of its age or VALUE? Wotten wells was right up the road from here and was a popular Minreal bath house and resort at the turn of the century. I also got a 1887 seated dime and a 1939 Quarter today

Attachments

• 100_0347.JPG
    100_0347.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 857
  • 100_0349.JPG
    100_0349.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 872

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just passed through Calvert twice this week. Going to Waco, and comming back. I thnought about you when I passed through. Love the finds, and hope you find more. Thanks for sharing.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like you are having way to much fun loved the video and sooooo glad that you are able to get in to that bit of history, keep at it and keep having fun! :icon_sunny:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That old store has been a real gold-mine!! :thumbsup:
I don't think that place will ever be hunted out :wink:

Keep up the pace & HH!
watercolor

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Again, Awesome finds! ;D

The video is not bad. I was hoping to see the sifting operation - from shoveling the dirt into the sifter to operating it and finding a coin. Just set the camera up on something and let it run. Editing is easy (still time consuming) with Pinnacle Studio or even the new Windows Movie Maker.

Bob

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Fantastic, Albert!! Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

The video is great and the finds are awesome! When it's all said and done, I'd like to see a breakdown of your coinage/relics/tokens/bottles. It would be very exciting to see them all together.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
My God Albert, that place would provide anyone with a lifetime of memories. What a hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
I'll never be able to show em all together as the wheats are in a seperate container mixed with the rest of my wheats The bottle is going to Sonny as well as most the relics (store owners Dad, of Sonnys Pottery in calvert His work deserves a whole other post, a true artist who has paid his dues and deserves more credit than he gets) who almost cried I think when I told him I was taking it home, and Larry has a mess of coins also.
I dont know when this will end, I got a walking liberty, a alabama tax token, alot of wheats and some nickles from the back of the store tonight Its like 3 ft deep back there and NOT detectable only sifting will do it, but its thick with stuff I dug a trench about 6 ft x 1 ft and hand sifted (the machine takes to long set up if you only have a few hrs as Im using a generator to power it).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread