SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff and I decided to drive a bit to Yellow Springs and hit a tot lot by a grade school. We did ok in clad but I decided to hunt the big field next to the school by the old ball diamond.

I got a pocket spill of 3 quarters and a dime. And since Jeff told me his last ring showed as a penny +77 VDI, I started looking for them. On my M6 a +77 is a penny/dime. I dug several more pennies and dimes then found a 1957D wheatie laying on top of the ground by some swings. I never find wheaties but Jeff says all his are on top. So I guess this should have been Jeff's.

First Ring:
Then on the way from the big field I got another +77 hit and dug down three inches. I could see silver immediately. I was sure it was going to be a "real dime." Better yet, it showed up as a nice ladies silver ring with a pale green/yellow stone. It says .925 inside. I hollered at Jeff then I touched my right hand to my right shoulder to let Jeff know I had found a ring. He was well...thrilled! Yeah right.

Next Ring:
We hunted a while more then headed back to the car. It was a beautiful day and while jeff was digging his last hit I decided to try the area betweent the sidewalk and curb. I had always heard this area produced coins. At about 20' in front of my van I got a quarter hit, +85 VDI at 2 inches. What a surprise when I turned over the soil near the road--another ring. A big silver mans ring that just fits my little finger. It is a good 1" wide and 1/2" thick. It says TJ Mex .925 inside.

I called to Jeff and before I could touch my shoulder with my hand he shot me a look of well...ill will is the best way to describe it. [Smiling]

Not skunked by Jeff today. And Tweeter, better catch up...if you can! Heheheh

Small Stone Ring:
DCP_1348.jpg

DCP_1351.jpg

Big Ring:
DCP_1347.jpg

DCP_1344.jpg

DCP_1345.jpg

SKD

Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds there sore knees. What are you doing down there with all of those hippies ;D That ring looks like something a caveman would wear ;D

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on two nice rings!! I've hunted a couple Parks in Yellow Springs and found Mercs!! I like the ladies ring with the stone!! Sweet find!!

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jarhead: Only saw one hippie type today as school is out and they may not have Antioch College this year because of funding issues. I heard it might reopen in 2009. What student is going to wait and see if the re-open. Oh yeah this is Antioch, they may not even know a year went by.Yellow Springs is "the town that time forgot."

Need to go back there soon though as my niece got me and my wife a free dinner at the "Winds Cafe" in Yellow Springs for giving her a place to stay while she was going to college in Dayton. Supposed to be really nice restaurant.

Jack the rings are all gone. Stay in IN...hehhehe

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the winds -- isn't that the hippy type all bean vegan cafe in yellow springs?

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Awesome rings. WTG :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
the winds -- isn't that the hippy type all bean vegan cafe in yellow springs?
Nope Ivan, that place closed. This is the up-scale, take your wallet, place. Hippies even dress up to go there.

SKD

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
SKD You da man!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 great rings in one outing, keep this pace up and your going to need a larger pouch to hold all those goodies :o

HH
Slipperyjack

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice nugget ring. I always wanted one of those.

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad about Antioch College closing. I guess being a communist and managing money doen't work out so well.

That big honking silver ring doesn't look like anything hippie would wear. WTG nice finds. BTW my wife went to Wright State in Dayton.

TE

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that is a monster silver ring, congrats!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Very nice job! That big ring looks gigantic! Awesome find indeed! :thumbsup: I wonder how much it is worth. :icon_scratch:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Daydream said:
Too bad about Antioch College closing. I guess being a communist and managing money doen't work out so well.

That big honking silver ring doesn't look like anything hippie would wear. WTG nice finds. BTW my wife went to Wright State in Dayton.

TE

I didn't know they were closing. I wonder if Dave chapell will want to hang out there anymore ;D I remember how busy that place was in the 70's. Flower power was alive and well. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions