SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minnesota summer has taken its time getting here, so today was my first day in the water. Did a local busy beach and found only a few clad coins. On the way home I stopped at a tiny beach that on a hot summer day probably has no more than half a dozen swimmers. But 40 years ago this was a huge public beach so I thought I'd give it a try. A few minutes in the water and I found this beauty. Stopped by the jewelers with it - its not a real nugget but its real 14k gold and 10.7 grams of it. A great way to start off the summer!

Attachments

• nugget pendant.jpg
    nugget pendant.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice. I used to have one like that with a diamond in it.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice one, big fat and heavy. :o ;D A fake gold nugget made from real gold, kinda funny concept. :icon_scratch:

Keep @ it and HH!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, it may be a fake nugget but its REAL GOLD!! Congratulations on a great find :icon_king:

OP
OP
SusanMN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting in the water with a Tiger Shark. The pendant was found in about ankle deep water, about two feet from shore. It was down maybe 5-6 inches. This lake is littered with pull tabs, bottle tops and iron pieces so hunting is a little difficult and I was scooping a lot of junk, maybe ten hits of junk in ten minutes before pulling out the pendent. Nothing prettier or more exciting than the glint of gold in your scoop. Silver comes out of the water black like a rock, but gold is as shiny as the day it was dropped.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
That's more gold than I found this year during my California
Gold trip, and I paid good money for that trip.
Congratulations!!!

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
great find think i would keep hitting that place. seems no matter how many times one hits a place someone else always finds something also.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Detecting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get. A gold nugget, no matter how you look at it! Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread