Found first wheat penny with Minelab Explorer SE!! UPDATE!!! FOUND DATE ON WHEAT

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
So anyways I knew there was wheat pennies here up at my grandma's beach. I found another one out by the gravel parking lot in the dirt. I knew it was a wheat penny because it had the wheat on the back with one cent in the middle. I was so excited! After hunting for an hour and a half, I finally found one. I tried to read the date with no luck. All i saw was a 19_5. Which did no justice. My uncle tried to clean it for me but it ended up getting worse. I knew it would but I just wanted to show him that it would. Anyways I found my first ever wheat penny so there must be silver around here somewhere!!!! :thumbsup: I hope everyone else is having a great 4th of july like I have been!

Considering, I have many wheat pennies as part of my coin collection already I just wanted to experiment with cleaning this one. But I still can't believe I found a Wheat penny!!! I guess all of this learning about my machine must be starting to pay off!!!

Keep on hunting! :thumbsup:

P.S. Everyones seen wheat pennies before so when I find something excellent my next post that is not a wheatie then I will post a picture.

Happy hunting!

Upvote 0

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found first wheat penny with Minelab Explorer SE!!! I am a believer!!!! :)

Good going, there should definitely be silver in the area too. Can't wait to see what else you find.

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+

Yeah, just wait till you find your first silver...then you'll REALLY be hooked. ;D

Ray

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The silver's comin' soon bud. :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Wat to go. Looks like you are learning your machine. I believe I see silver coins in your future :thumbsup:.
Dman

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -

Congrats on your first wheaty.!!!!!!!! Keep diging and the silver will come ! :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If you really want to clean it leave it in white vinager overnight and the next day it will look new. Another member on here told me about it and it works :o

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used

Thanks dude! I am going to go get white vinegar tommorow and see if it works! The penny is already crap and I can only see the wheat ears on the back. I just hope that it will bring back all of the front of the penny and all of the back of the penny. ;D

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
So i used white vinegar on my wheat penny. It worked really good. I can see the back really well and see the front really well. The date was already wreaked from copper cleaner but I could see the 1954 just bairely! I was really excited! Even though it was not worth anything it was the first wheat penny I had found with my Minelab Explorer SE! :thumbsup:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I always put my copper pennies in potatoes. Leave them for 12 hours or so and remove clean off and then put back in until it is clean.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Ketchup works good as well for cleaning, the potato is cleaner, but either way, congrats on your first wheat!!

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White Vinager? ..really, hmm, ya learn something new every day.
Congrats on your first wheat!
Pro-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread