Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever just feel lucky?

I woke up this morning with a dull back ache, did some work over the weekend....the vertebra...said no...but something drove me to wake...did the the S's, off to do some errands, I grabbed the detector walking toward the door...with fresh batteries....the little electronic monster wanted exercise....I didn't argue.

1st got errand's done, then got some lunch....as some may recall I go to a Mom & Pops burger shack that has a "Coin Gumball Machine", that drops little eggs instead of crappy gumballs......for the price of 50¢, and inside those little eggs are COINS!!!!......
"Old and Foreign Coins 50¢".....is what it says on the front.......insert my two quarters.....the thing jams!!!!! I tell burger pops the machine jammed, he rings the register hands me a new pair quarters, then says, "Shake it Hard First"......I shook, let me tell ya I shook it.....50¢ goes in, and out pops a 1889 INDIAN HEAD!!!!!...."HOW NOW", he said......I am STOKED!!!........I eat and say to self "go hit your old spot".........I felt lucky you see!

The old spot.....is hunted about 20 times by me, with not much to show.....but the old stuff is there....@ 6 inches a 1944 WHEAT speaks softly to me!..............Then a big signal and a small horse shoe or heel plate shows itself......much like I was earlier when I awoke....I tell ya I feel lucky!!!

I arrive at work...do my duty......and get Chinese food for supper....I dropped my fortune cookie on the dirty floor right before I crack open my fortune.......maybe I'm not so lucky anymore......I'm bummed.....I don't check the fortune hidden inside.....just trash it. I timed out for home.....I thought maybe stop by the school and get my "GAS REBATE".......it's now 12:10am.........I pull up to the school, LED light ready, digger, MD.......I circle the the play implements, I'm done with 2 out of 3 play areas.....with 38¢ "GAS REBATE"....maybe not so lucky after all........I walk to the last play area.....circle the equipment with electronic chatter.....then crack, crack, crack, crack the sound of golden rapture awakes my ears......no need for the LED.....I see it gleam.....the booger is 10k!!!....."this can't be real", "it's ugly"....."I LOVE YOU" I said aloud and drooling...I head home.........My LUCK was with me all along!

Now I wonder what the Fortune Cookie said??????

Sorry for long story. But well over due for sweet golden nocturnes.

Attachments

• luck?.jpg
    luck?.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 560
  • somegold.jpg
    somegold.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: indian talks at lunch, subterranean wheat field, dirty cookie, golden noctur

:thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
jorge del norte

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: indian talks at lunch, subterranean wheat field, dirty cookie, golden noctur

i found the Fortune cookie in the trash at work.

it said, "a smooth long journey great expectations"

;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you'll wake up feeling lucky tomorrow too! :o ;D

Great post! Awesome gold!!! :thumbsup:

Congrats! Nana :wink:

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:o
Awesome gold. What is the weight?
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jorge del norte said:
juju said:
:o
Awesome gold. What is the weight?
JuJu

it's hollow.....not to much...i have no scale ::)
No matter. Gold is gold. Congrats.
JuJu

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
beauty is the hand of cash holder --- thus any found gold item is beauiful $$$$---I'll happily take all the UGLY gold I can find .

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool beans!! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread