2 big silver...one hole

R

robbuckalew

Being cooped up with my wife makes us get at eachothers throats, so I decided to get out for a few hours.
As I was swinging for about an hour with no solid signals, I finally get something that made me smile, the singing of silver.
As I dug and dug my smile started getting bigger and bigger and there she was, an 1888 Morgan dollar. When I pulled it out to take a look I accidentally dropped it back in the hole but the sound was wierd as if I dropped it into my pocket with change. I reallized that there was another coin, I pulled both coins out and as luck would have it another Morgan dollar 1884. I just love silver!!! :icon_king:

I believe they were part of a coin collection because there was a massive flood that ripped a few trailers off of an embankment and now it is just a dried up river bed

treasure002-2.jpg

treasure003-2.jpg

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those coins look dipped.  Wierd.  

Nice Finds!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...Congrats. They are in great shape and most people never find one.

NJ

OP
OP
R

robbuckalew

what do you mean dipped :icon_scratch:

I believe they were part of a coin collection because there was a massive flood that ripped a few trailers off of an embankment and now it is just a dried up river bed

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome fine! And an O mint too! Did you check the hole fore something deeper?

OP
OP
R

robbuckalew

I now think of this spot as our own shark pit...lol :icon_jokercolor:
I hit that particular area quiet hard. but there are alot of downed trees and debris that must be moved from where the river was blocked up ao I am sure there is alot more to be found...we have only scratched the surface.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robbuckalew said:
what do you mean dipped :icon_scratch:

Google it.

That makes sense, because there is no way they would've been dipped back in the day. I'd hunt that area hard. Congratulations on some great finds. :thumbsup:

-Buckleboy

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
If those were dropped accidentally, someone had to be falling down drunk not to notice! Great find!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
The only way I see that they were "dipped" is; Ms. Liberty went for a "Dip" and a ride in the flood waters. Kewl finds dude! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Well done on the morgans!! You caught up with me in just one hole!! Hit the site again and see just how big of a collection there was. 8)

Robin

Apr 21, 2008
Great Silver find, keep looking ! Thanks for shareing it with us too !

LOL ! Robin

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
halfdime said:
If those were dropped accidentally, someone had to be falling down drunk not to notice! Great find!

Yep ~ That Mint Ginger Ale packs quite a Punch ... :thumbsup:
It's time once again to educate the TH public about the wonders of Mint Ginger Ale :wink:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, that's a hole to remember!! ;D

Congrats on your double Morgans!! You'll never forget that hunt!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread